UGH... another remote start thread

:
2007 3i & 2014 CX-5
Sorry to start yet another thread about remote start installation. I'm looking at the Fortin kit for my 2014, which has a manual transmission. As always, I'd MUCH prefer OEM, but research hasn't turned up anything for manuals.

Just to check once more before I pull the trigger on the EVO-ONE kit, does anybody know of a Mazda remote start system that will work with a manual-equipped car, or has anybody tricked/reworked the automatic-only kit to work with a manual?

Viper makes kits that will work with a manual transmission. Mine is model 4806V. I have one in my 2014 Mazda 6 with MT and it was professionally installed

Thanks, but my question was whether I could use an OEM remote start system instead of the Fortin unit. I'm sure that the Fortin EVO-ONE works with the manual, but I like to go OEM whenever possible.

Anyway, it's a non-issue now. The EVO-ONE is sitting on top of my workbench and will likely be installed within the next 48 hours. I sprung for the optional T-harness, so we'll see what the install is like.

Back