Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Motor Trend Review Signature CX-5

Registered Member

2016 ND, club, BBS

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    I keep seeing this on the forum the past week or so. What's going on with the backup cameras?
    No trajectory and terrible resolution, I think it's pretty much the worst on the market.

Registered Member

CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by jasong7131 View Post
    I found the article to be spot on, except I didn't feel any fun when I test drove the CRV. It was loud and slow responding.

Mazda really need to fix the backup camera, and hopefully the new infotainment system will be available to the CX5 soon too.
    +1. Something to improve upon and look forward to for Mazda

Registered Member

2014 Mazda 3 sGT. 2019 cx-3 awd touring

No trajectory and terrible resolution, I think it's pretty much the worst on the market.
    i believe the new cx-5 does have back up trajectory...
    resolution is not the best, but not the worst i've seen and experienced...from a scale of 10 i would give it a 7, as it does the job and i can see everything i need to.

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Really? We talking the curvy lines here?
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD | Jet Black Mica - 77k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 buy

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Signature

Really? We talking the curvy lines here?
    What I find odd is that I need to manually put the camera in 360 mode for the reverse lines to turn with the wheel. Just putting in reverse, you get static lines and only the view of the rear.

Registered Member

CX5 2.5L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Sig cx-5 View Post
    What I find odd is that I need to manually put the camera in 360 mode for the reverse lines to turn with the wheel. Just putting in reverse, you get static lines and only the view of the rear.
    Yeah, My 370z had trajectory over half a decade ago. Work needed.

Registered Member

19 CX-5 Signature

Agreed, kinda. I do think it*s odd that we don*t have the option to change the default to lines or no lines. However, for me, I like lines off as the default and that is because the picture is kind of small and not not very good quality. The lines crowd it further and I can turn them on when really necessary with simple press of the red button icon thingy.

I owned a current gen CRV for a few months and for me the two cars are so totally different it*s not worth comparing. The CRV is much more utilitarian and low risk, even with its gussied-up new body, kinda like a Subaru Outback (full disclosure I own an 06 Outback which is a fantastic utility, dog-hauler, etc, car).
    19 CX-5 Signature
    Snowflake White Pearl (aka “white”)

Registered Member

MX5

Quote Originally Posted by davefr View Post
    They all seem the be clinging to the notion that the CX-5 2.5T competition is still CRV and RAV4. IMHO it's really RDX, Q5, XC40 and X3 when you look at features/performance vs. name.
    A lot of people buy things because of the name. For me, I don't keep a ShiTTAss.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD, Liquid Silver

I keep seeing this on the forum the past week or so. What's going on with the backup cameras?
    Worthless at night and in the rain for ours. I love the fact that it now has a turbo. If they could make the seats more comfortable my wife would be ready for a new one. I know I am speaking to the 2014 we own, but the seats are the worst as they are too flat and non supportive. After 80,000 miles they creak as well. I did sit in a 2019 when I had mine in for an oil change and they did seam much better. In fact the entire car felt like it was built better. Shutting the drivers door with the window down closed like a vault. Even Toyota can*t master that feature!

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

No problems at night, but agree it sucks in the rain.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

CX-5

Camera is my only complaint so far in my GT-R. It's almost like looking at a concave mirror.

Registered Member

2007 Mazda 3 5-door

One note: Our tester's engine exhibited a slight boominess just above 1,000 rpm—not a deal-breaker but something we hope is minimized in the future.
    This is something I’ve noticed on my GTR. When cruising slow like 30 or so with your foot just barely on the accelerator but not actually accelerating, the engine has a strange, somewhat loud drone that almost sounds like a CVT. I’m not crazy about it.

Registered Member

2018 Rogue

At least you GET a 360 Camera. I am your friendly neighbour to the north and in their infinite wisdom, Mazda has decided Canadians do not need a proper camera in our CX-5s. Even the Signature model here only has a backup camera with the resolution of my very first Motorola flip phone, and no trajectory lines of course. My 4 year old Rogue has a 360 camera with trajectory lines. Was hoping to trade it in this year for a fancy new CX-5, but I do a lot of parking in tight spaces and while I really wanted to get back into a Mazda, the lack of cameras has got me thinking if I should wait till next year.

I would have settled for the 360 camera even with its awful low res. Even the Mazda6 here has the 360 camera. Why did they decide not to include it in the Signature CX-5? Mind blowing...

2019 Signature CX-5 Black Mica

The back up camera on my 2017 $60K Duramax sucks more when wet or dirty. I guess I just look at all these gizmos as simple convenience and it doesn't bother me to turn my head and look...besides I need to stretch Not sure how I survived without them my whole life ...LOL
    Current Stable:
    2019 Signature CX-5
    2017 Silverado Duramax LTZ Z71
    2006 C6Z06 Corvette LS7
    1992 Spec Miata
    2007 Mazda6, V6-5 Speed
    2017 ATC Race Car/Toy Hauler

Donated: $10

Mazda CX-5 FWD Touring

I agree. I think it is so important that we experts focus on the IMPORTANT things. :-))

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast