Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New Motor Trend Review Signature CX-5

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by SignatureCX5 View Post
    Credit Scores affects just about everything financial. I'm a 20+ year veteran of the mortgage business. In that time I pulled 15-20k credit reports. If any one is interested how to get the best possible credit history and scores let me know. It's easy, free to do and anyone can do it without help from anyone else. Before you ask, I'm not selling anything just offering to help.
    I'd appreciate a PM as well. My credit was in the toilet 10 years ago, carrying two credit cards and a department card plus a lot of stupid spending. After clearing those cards and paying off my tuition some years ago, my credit is much, much better. I just want to be sure I'm doing everything I can to improve it.

Donated: $15

CX-5 Touring 2016.5

829 is my score! It matters really less if you spread your legs only as wide as your bedsheets are.
    Its more of an indicator of how useful an interest paying mule you are.

Registered Member

CX5 2.5L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by coloradodriver View Post
    very nice uno!

Got to ask what car that was that ran $1k/mo with $8500 down for 72 months lol!

With the cx-5, it was $322/mo. At 2.9% with a 48 mo. Term. Been payed off almost a couple years now.
    z06. Paid 67K, got 59K out of it on trade in a year later.

Registered Member

CX5 2.5L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Felt_Rider View Post
    Not sure what mine is at the moment. I barely glanced at it back when I locked the big three because of some breach.
    We have been totally debt free for many years now. I just give myself a loan from one of the accounts when I need and then pay it back like it was a loan.
    We bought my wife's car last year and did take a 60 month 0.9% from Honda. All I know is the finance guy said no problem. I still paid off the Honda loan that year just because it bugged me and I did not want to send a monthly check. :-)

I encourage anyone that can to get debt free if possible. Life feels a lot less stressful without those things looming.
    I'm personally a fan of a car note on a newer vehicle. That + GAP is a form of insurance.

You pay $30K for a vehicle. Cash.

Someone else pays $30K, financed at 0.9% for 60mo. GAP.

6mo-2years later, both of you hit a deer and the car is totalled.

The guy with 0 down + GAP will have lost a lot less money.

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    z06. Paid 67K, got 59K out of it on trade in a year later.
    Damn...you did go big lol!
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD | Jet Black Mica - 77k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 buy

Registered Member

17 Mazda 6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I'm personally a fan of a car note on a newer vehicle. That + GAP is a form of insurance.

You pay $30K for a vehicle. Cash.

Someone else pays $30K, financed at 0.9% for 60mo. GAP.
    That's pretty generalized, as every situation and deal is different. This is also not taking into consideration what type of insurance policy you have.
    In general though, if you have any kind of car buying savvy at all, then you should always be able to buy the car for less money if paying cash versus financing it.
    There are always cash incentives. You just have to ask and be firm.
    I paid cash for my 2017 6, plus I cross shopped at several dealerships. My cash price was better than anything I was offered if I was financing.
    I also asked for and got a bunch of free stuff, like tinted windows, side moulding, etc., etc. It pays to ask and to not let yourself be rolled over.

Registered Member

CX5 2.5L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzman12 View Post
    That's pretty generalized, as every situation and deal is different. This is also not taking into consideration what type of insurance policy you have.
    In general though, if you have any kind of car buying savvy at all, then you should always be able to buy the car for less money if paying cash versus financing it.
    There are always cash incentives. You just have to ask and be firm.
    I paid cash for my 2017 6, plus I cross shopped at several dealerships. My cash price was better than anything I was offered if I was financing.
    I also asked for and got a bunch of free stuff, like tinted windows, side moulding, etc., etc. It pays to ask and to not let yourself be rolled over.
    Dealers make money off financing. They sometimes give on the price if you fi through them. Then you turn sround and refi asap at no cost through your own CU, if its better (likely is).

My thing is, you didnt get $5k or so off, and thats kindof the tipping point where you would break even in my scenario on most vehicles in this range.
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 01-11-2019 at 11:02 PM.

2019 Signature CX-5 Black Mica

Quote Originally Posted by Kaps View Post
    829 is my score! It matters really less if you spread your legs only as wide as your bedsheets are.
    Its more of an indicator of how useful an interest paying mule you are.
    LOL. But credit is used by many companies for much more than just lending. It's used by some businesses for employment, by landlords, by insurance companies, by companies to determine if they want to work another company or individual, etc. I find it interesting and disagree with insurance companies that use credit profiles to partially determine premiums. As an example I have a perfect driving record and perfect credit history so I receive the best possible rates...good for me. But what if someone had a perfect driving record but suck at paying bills and have a lousy credit history. Should the be paying more for their auto insurance...I don't think so but most likely they will.
    Current Stable:
    2019 Signature CX-5
    2017 Silverado Duramax LTZ Z71
    2006 C6Z06 Corvette LS7
    1992 Spec Miata
    2007 Mazda6, V6-5 Speed
    2017 ATC Race Car/Toy Hauler

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Signature

LOL. But credit is used by many companies for much more than just lending. It's used by some businesses for employment, by landlords, by insurance companies, by companies to determine if they want to work another company or individual, etc. I find it interesting and disagree with insurance companies that use credit profiles to partially determine premiums. As an example I have a perfect driving record and perfect credit history so I receive the best possible rates...good for me. But what if someone had a perfect driving record but suck at paying bills and have a lousy credit history. Should the be paying more for their auto insurance...I don't think so but most likely they will.
    Maybe, because they send bills and expect to be paid on time?

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 Touring White

Did anyone post this YouTube review yet?
    https://youtu.be/y9P5WRVt8c0

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Felt_Rider View Post
    Did anyone post this YouTube review yet?
    https://youtu.be/y9P5WRVt8c0
    I have not seen that posted but they do seem to like it. The 2.5T is universally liked in the CX-5. Honestly, Mazda should be advertising all the heck out of this car.
    2014 Silver Mazda CX-5 GT
    2017 Eternal Blue Mazda 3 Touring
    2018 Machine Grey Mazda CX-9 Signature

Registered Member

2018 AWD GT Premium Red/Black

Yeah, I wanted to pay cash, but had to use Mazda financing or $1000 K higher price. I got about $4K of list for a 2018 in March. There are 4 Mazda dealers in the area, none of them would be lower with cash. I wound up Financing $10K and paying it off within a few weeks. Paid something like $30 or something in interest.

Artificially low interest rates, like 0% or .9% are another story. But the way the incentives are structured do not always make sense.

2019 Signature CX-5 Black Mica

Quote Originally Posted by Sig cx-5 View Post
    Maybe, because they send bills and expect to be paid on time?
    Of course they they expect to get paid on time. But let's use the example where home owners insurance is paid with the mortgage payment and the lender pays the insurance company. No risk of the insurance not getting paid but people with credit issues will pay a higher premium in this case too. There is a correlation between bad credit and increase in claims but still if someone has an excellent driving record they should not have to pay higher premiums for auto insurance just because they have less than perfect credit.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

Quote Originally Posted by murky View Post
    Yeah, I wanted to pay cash, but had to use Mazda financing or $1000 K higher price. I got about $4K of list for a 2018 in March. There are 4 Mazda dealers in the area, none of them would be lower with cash. I wound up Financing $10K and paying it off within a few weeks. Paid something like $30 or something in interest.

Artificially low interest rates, like 0% or .9% are another story. But the way the incentives are structured do not always make sense.
    Well played, murky!

Registered Member

CX5 2.5L AWD

Of course they they expect to get paid on time. But let's use the example where home owners insurance is paid with the mortgage payment and the lender pays the insurance company. No risk of the insurance not getting paid but people with credit issues will pay a higher premium in this case too. There is a correlation between bad credit and increase in claims but still if someone has an excellent driving record they should not have to pay higher premiums for auto insurance just because they have less than perfect credit.
    If you default on that home loan there is.

Well, I pay more because I'm male, regardless of my record, so there's also that. At least your credit score is a reflection of YOUR DECISIONS in life, and not your gender and sex from birth.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast