High beam trigger wire for driving light install

:
CX-9 GT
Hi All, long time lurker

I have a question regarding the planned installation of a LED lightbar behind the grill in my '18 CX9 GT (Australian model). It's going to be a mammoth job as I plan on removing the front bumper and installing the lighbar (2 x 6" actually) on either side of the mazda badge on the front behind the grill.

I was wondering if anyone had installed driving lights on their CX-9 and whether they had any information on the high beam trigger wire running into the back of the headlight (LED but not the adaptive version) for the relay. I want the light bar to come on when the high beams come on.

Any information/photos/wiring diagrams would be greatly appreciated.

Once I get this done I will complete a how to guide for the how to section.

Found it. I'll post a how to guide in the appropriate section soon Lights on.jpg

Last edited:
Found it. I'll post a how to guide in the appropriate section soonView attachment 220157
Hi All, long time lurker

I have a question regarding the planned installation of a LED lightbar behind the grill in my '18 CX9 GT (Australian model). It's going to be a mammoth job as I plan on removing the front bumper and installing the lighbar (2 x 6" actually) on either side of the mazda badge on the front behind the grill.

I was wondering if anyone had installed driving lights on their CX-9 and whether they had any information on the high beam trigger wire running into the back of the headlight (LED but not the adaptive version) for the relay. I want the light bar to come on when the high beams come on.

Any information/photos/wiring diagrams would be greatly appreciated.

Once I get this done I will complete a how to guide for the how to section.
@wilso_ac Did you end up with a solution?

Back