2018 CX-9 mud flaps?

:
Mitishi Outlander
Sorry if this has been discussed before but I can't seem to get the info I need. Has anyone installed the front and rear mud flaps from Mazda swag or other vendors. I think they’re original to Mazda. Do you have to drill holes or will they fit in the opening as it is? I live in the woods and really need them. Any thoughts?

Thanks

No drilling was required for the OEM mudguards but some small notches needed to be cut in the inner wheel well liner and, as I recall, in the mudguard itself. It took me an hour or so to install all four being careful not to make any mistakes - especially with the cutting. Mine is a '19 but the mudguards are the same.

Simple install. It took about 30 minutes for each. I used a razor to cut out the notchs. It uses the factory holes and some new hardware is included with each kit. I purchased them from a Mazda dealer on eBay. That was the best price I found for OEM parts.

I had the dealer put them on mine last week when they did the Carplay. Charged me $180. I could have done it myself but I could have taken 3 hours and screwed it up too. I do a lot of rural road driving where gravel on the road is abundant so having these should keep some of that from being thrown up on the rocker panels..

Can anyone show me pic or image, etc on where the notches need to be cut? I just ordered a pair on eBay through a mazda retailer and would like to know what exactly you are referring to. Don’t wish to mess up.

I'd like to see a picture of a CX-9 with the mud flaps installed to get an idea of how it looks. I have searched for pictures, but they are mostly closeups of the flaps themselves and not a larger shot of the entire vehicle with them on.

See the photos I posted in this thread. I show the rear notches. It's not easy to figure out but if you take your time and look at the photos, you can do it in a short amount of time.

See the photos I posted in this thread. I show the rear notches. It's not easy to figure out but if you take your time and look at the photos, you can do it in a short amount of time.

thanks for the feedback. So to confirm you only made cuts in the rear inner fender liner or on the rear mud guards?

Thanks for the write up. Does anyone have pictures of what the mud flaps look like on the vehicle. Also does it help with any water splash up on side of body?

thanks for the feedback. So to confirm you only made cuts in the rear inner fender liner or on the rear mud guards?
From what I remember, I made only two small rectangular cuts into the plastic of the fender liner to get access to the metal screw adapters that come with the mud flaps.

Thanks for the write up. Does anyone have pictures of what the mud flaps look like on the vehicle. Also does it help with any water splash up on side of body?
I'll try to take a picture this weekend if the weather cooperates. Looking on the internet, there are photos of CX-9s with the stock Mazda mud flaps. They are very subtle and do look nice. I also think they do help with mud splashing on the car because every time I wash the CX-9, the mud flaps are full of dried stuff that has kicked-up while driving.

I'll try to take a picture this weekend if the weather cooperates. Looking on the internet, there are photos of CX-9s with the stock Mazda mud flaps. They are very subtle and do look nice. I also think they do help with mud splashing on the car because every time I wash the CX-9, the mud flaps are full of dried stuff that has kicked-up while driving.

I'd be deeply appreciative if you could provide us some pictures showing the entire side and back of the vehicle and a 3/4 rear shot to give me a sense of what it looks like. Thanks!

From what I remember, I made only two small rectangular cuts into the plastic of the fender liner to get access to the metal screw adapters that come with the mud flaps.

tyvm. I have Already ordered the full set. God willing I will try my best to make the right adjustments for the rear to make them fit flush/ accordingly.
also ordered the hood deflector to make it look more sporty.

I have OEM mud guards/splash guards for my 2016 M3 that I'd like to install myself. Can probably figure it out but wouldn't mind a hint on the spots to cut for the rear ones. I'm not seeing any photos posted although there's discussion of photos. If there's a spot to view specific pics please friggin educate me!

Thanks to all for contributing.

I have OEM mud guards/splash guards for my 2016 M3 that I'd like to install myself. Can probably figure it out but wouldn't mind a hint on the spots to cut for the rear ones. I'm not seeing any photos posted although there's discussion of photos. If there's a spot to view specific pics please friggin educate me!

Thanks to all for contributing.

Assuming by M3 you mean Mazda3, this is the wrong subforum. I moved your other post into the Mazda3 subforum and it is it's own separate thread now. Hopefully some fellow Mazda3 owners will have more relevant insight.

Back