2017~2024 Roof Rack

zoomzoom1979

:
2017 Mazda CX-5
Own a 2017 with bare roof. Looking to get a roof rack. Recommendations? Leaning towards either a Thule or Yakima.

Do you have the OEM rails on the car already? I'm getting the OEM's cross bars as part of the deal I made on the car. Hope that's a good decision.

I decided against the OEM rails since removing crossbars when not needed is notoriously difficult, plus rails are kind of ugly. Ended up going with Yakima JetStream crossbars, towers and clips; similar style to the Thule Evo Wing. What sold me on Yakima was the much more aerodynamic FatCat Evo ski racks.

When I don't need racks, it can all come off in a few minutes and I have a nice clean roof. Putting it back on takes a bit longer because you need to remeasure for position.

I decided against the OEM rails since removing crossbars when not needed is notoriously difficult, plus rails are kind of ugly. Ended up going with Yakima JetStream crossbars, towers and clips; similar style to the Thule Evo Wing. What sold me on Yakima was the much more aerodynamic FatCat Evo ski racks.

When I don't need racks, it can all come off in a few minutes and I have a nice clean roof. Putting it back on takes a bit longer because you need to remeasure for position.

With thy Yakima Im assuming it clips to the side of the roof (by having to open the door) much like the Thule would. Do you find that the seal for the doorway gets bent or out of shape, or is there any scratches caused by it?

I went with the Rhino Rack. Very pleased with the quality. Install took less than 2 hours and only takes about 10-15 minutes to remove if I want it off.

attachment.php
[/IMG]

Back