Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Planning to trade-in new CRV with CX-5

Registered Member

Crv

Planning to trade-in new CRV with CX-5

It looks I did a big mistake by not looking this for before buying CRV.
    Even after 10 min of remote start temperature gauge is null and no heat inside. Dealer says this is normal.
    Need your feedback on how quickly you are getting 70F after cold start. Also please share feedback on parchment leather interor colour like is this very hard to maintain .

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

In what ambient temperature are you talking about?

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

You'd better read about Mazda's remote start options [on this board] before you do anything drastic.

Registered Member

17 Mazda 6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by sukantav2 View Post
    It looks I did a big mistake by not looking this for before buying CRV.
    Even after 10 min of remote start temperature gauge is null and no heat inside. Dealer says this is normal.
    Unfortunately, your dealer is correct. It's normal not to warm up. Doesn't mean it's right though.
    The 1.5L turbo CR-V has major heating issues in cold weather, as well as gas in oil problems.
    In really cold weather, the CR-V never warms up. Ask my brother in law.
    He bought one last year, with remote start, and froze his ass off all winter. The thing never warmed up properly while driving, never mind while idling.
    He got rid of it after 8 months of ownership.

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT FWD w/Tech Soul Red/Parchment

Also please share feedback on parchment leather interor colour like is this very hard to maintain .
    I've had my parchment leather for 3.5 years and no complaints here. We're pretty easy on interiors (no kids or loose pets). Normal cleaning has kept it looking good. I'd get it again with no reservations.

Registered Member

2018 Cx-5 GT with Navi/PP

Hi, Iím new here and I just bought a CX-5 GT with PP and Navi. I test drove the RAV4, CRV and lastly Cx-5. For the money, it was really close between the Crv and Cx-5 and each vehicle had its advantages but I went with the Cx-5 and Iím really happy.
    To be fair, Honda has a better infotainment system, a very nice dashboard with a big easy to read panel. The Honda also has remote start, a nice Honda app that connects flawlessly to you car and phone. True memory seats that react to your key fob and it drives nicely. But the 17-18ís have gas oil issues mixing and it was not as much fun to drive as the Mazda
    The Mazda with my package had heated mirrors, all heated seats, rain sensing wipers, wiper de-icer, memory seats as well but you have to physically push 1 or 2. Interior lighting was better in Honda. No light in cx-5 glove compartment.
    My research for remote start is dealer recommend not getting $700 Mazda remote but going next door to same dealership but Ford and have small generic fob starter for $300. Itís half the size of the cx-5 starter. Apple car play can be installed also at a later point on my 2018.
    The cx-5 has many good features, looks so much better and more fun to drive. Iím actually excited to drive it to work. The CRV while nice just game me a so/so feeling

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

I definitely donít have any complaints with the heat in the CX-5. Itís usually warmed up within a few minutes. It gets pretty cold here but it would help to understand what climate youíre dealing with.

Maybe I'm wrong but don't ALL cars take much longer to warm up idling in a driveway vs 10 minutes at speed? Isn't this exactly why a lot of people think warning your car up idling in your driveway is just dumb and does nothing but wear and tear?
    Let me tell you how many $30,000 cars are going to be blowing 70 degrees in just 10 minutes of icing in your driveway: 0.
    My $42,000 Volvo doesn't.
    Having said that, I do idle my cars. And they both might start blowing a little warm air in those 10 when it's real cold... But 70? No.
    And they both blow hot air quicker after moving because of this... Significantly. But if you want a warm car in 10 idling minutes in your driveway you need to at least double your budget.
    Keep the CRV.
    Last edited by 7eregrine; 01-06-2019 at 12:34 AM.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong but don't ALL cars take much longer to warm up idling in a driveway vs 10 minutes at speed? Isn't this exactly why a lot of people think warning your car up idling in your driveway is just dumb and does nothing but wear and tear?
    Let me tell you how many $30,000 cars are going to be blowing 70 degrees in just 10 minutes of icing in your driveway: 0.
    My $42,000 Volvo doesn't.
    Having said that, I do idle my cars. And they both might start blowing a little warm air in those 10 when it's real cold... But 70? No.
    And they both blow hot air quicker after moving because of this... Significantly. But if you want a warm car in 10 idling minutes in your driveway you need to at least double your budget.
    Keep the CRV.
    My Jeep did. 2010. Msrp 37k. Weather in ghe teens. Did fine.

2019 Signature CX-5 Black Mica

Turn on the heated seats and heated steering wheel and drive away a minute later and presto there's heat in no time. If you really need a warmed car before getting in and you live in cold climate's get a block heater and plug it in on colder nights. Idlng a cold engine for 10 minutes on a regular basis is not the best thing for it.

Registered Member

2018 CX5

Need your feedback on how quickly you are getting 70F
    I had an 18 CRV but I never had the heat issue (started to have the oil issue). The Mazda heats up fine and it's been 10į F this last week in Denver some mornings on my way into work.

The folks that had/do have a heating issue with the current Gen CRV have something very wrong going on. Whether they idle before driving or not does not make a difference. Only time they get heat is highway speeds. The CX5, from my personal experience and from what I've read does not have any widespread heating problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    My Jeep did. 2010. Msrp 37k. Weather in ghe teens. Did fine.
    Yes, I call bullshit. Your car was blowing 70... In 10 minutes of idle? #RoseColoredGlasses
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2018 cx5

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFalk68 View Post
    Hi, Iím new here and I just bought a CX-5 GT with PP and Navi. I test drove the RAV4, CRV and lastly Cx-5. For the money, it was really close between the Crv and Cx-5 and each vehicle had its advantages but I went with the Cx-5 and Iím really happy.
    To be fair, Honda has a better infotainment system, a very nice dashboard with a big easy to read panel. The Honda also has remote start, a nice Honda app that connects flawlessly to you car and phone. True memory seats that react to your key fob and it drives nicely. But the 17-18ís have gas oil issues mixing and it was not as much fun to drive as the Mazda
    The Mazda with my package had heated mirrors, all heated seats, rain sensing wipers, wiper de-icer, memory seats as well but you have to physically push 1 or 2. Interior lighting was better in Honda. No light in cx-5 glove compartment.
    My research for remote start is dealer recommend not getting $700 Mazda remote but going next door to same dealership but Ford and have small generic fob starter for $300. Itís half the size of the cx-5 starter. Apple car play can be installed also at a later point on my 2018.
    The cx-5 has many good features, looks so much better and more fun to drive. Iím actually excited to drive it to work. The CRV while nice just game me a so/so feeling
    You can program each fob for your memory seat itís in the manual. You can really have 4 settings. One for each fob and one in each number.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    Yes, I call bullshit. Your car was blowing 70... In 10 minutes of idle? #RoseColoredGlasses
    Well, its gone now, so no way to prove one way or the other.

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT FWD w/Tech Soul Red/Parchment

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Well, its gone now, so no way to prove one way or the other.
    It really doesn't matter. Apples and oranges if you ask me. A 360 hp V-8 Hemi (IIRC) vs, a 186 hp 4-banger. Which do you think will generate more heat (and drink more fuel) and thus heat up more quickly?

My oldest brother had a '66 GTO and on a cold day you'd have full heat a mile down the road (of course GTO stood for gas, tires and oil).
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast