17 - 19 Center Console Padding

:
2018 Mazda CX-5 Touring with PP
Can anyone with a GT or above comment on how much padding is on rails that run along either side of the center console?

I'm pretty tall and my knee usually rests on it in my touring which are just hard plastic. Gets a little uncomfortable after a while. Considering purchasing the upgraded parts but not if the padding doesn't make a significant difference in terms of comfort.

I'm 6' 4" and have not noticed my knee resting on the console, but it is nicely padded. Why not go sit in one and see how it feels to you?

I have a related issue about the center console padding. I replied to a post previously.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123866667-2020-Cx-5-due-for-refresh-facelift&p=6622329&viewfull=1#post6622329

For me, the padding they added since 2017 model reduced the horizontal leg room. Now the side of the knee and side of the shin rubs on the console by default even if you don't want to rest the shin on the side of the console. It is pretty uncomfortable.

I could use a little more horizontal room(and longer seat btw) so that the side of the shin wont rubs on side of the console the minute i sit down on the seat. I am only 6 ft tall.

The padding that MAZDA uses is not closed cell foam and also does not have good recovery to original shape. My best advise is look up an upholstery shop that does auto upholstery and talk with them about a couple of solution. I am tad over 6 foot and I hate the arm rest area and may be changing the console padding shortly as well.
Here is what I is changed on my 2018 Mazda regarding this subject and the front doors.

[url=https://postimg.cc/fVpBvvLt][/URL]
I forgot to mention I also hated the factory color scheme for the doors.

The padding that MAZDA uses is not closed cell foam and also does not have good recovery to original shape. My best advise is look up an upholstery shop that does auto upholstery and talk with them about a couple of solution.

Great suggestion about using upholstery shop. Thanks.

Back