Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Prices paid for 2019 CX5

Registered Member

Cx-5

Feedback on this deal? It includes the premium package btw.

cx5

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by JOliverXO View Post
    Feedback on this deal? It includes the premium package btw.

What is the trade-in vehicle that is only worth $700? Depending on your tax situation, you may be better off donating it.

Registered Member

Cx-5

Quote Originally Posted by Sig cx-5 View Post
    What is the trade-in vehicle that is only worth $700? Depending on your tax situation, you may be better off donating it.
    '03 passat. 112k miles.

Registered Member

2013 RAV4 Limited and 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

I also note that your doc fees were a reasonable $85.00. Most dealers charge 2 or 3 times that.

Registered Member

16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

Quote Originally Posted by JeffInMonterey View Post
    I also note that your doc fees were a reasonable $85.00. Most dealers charge 2 or 3 times that.
    Most around here and bordering states charge 7x that. The average is about $599. It's crazy, and "everyone has to pay it" they say, fine, I'm getting at least half of that back added on to a better selling price. It's straight profit...

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 TR

Hi everyone, I've been on the market for my first car since last November. Been researching as many options as possible to ensure I'm making a good choice. Decided on CX-5 after test driving the CRV and RAV4. Also chose the Touring with the preferred package as it seemed like the best value out of the available options. Happy to report that I just drove home with my CX-5 yesterday. Posting my info since I got a lot of good insights from this forum, and hopefully it's helpful for everyone here.

2019 CX-5 Touring FWD with Preferred Package. Soul Red Crystal:

2019 CX-5 FWD TR: $26,615
    Destination: $995
    Touring Preferred Equipment Package: $1,375
    Soul Red Crystal Paint Charge: $595

Total: $29,580

I didn't really negotiate that hard, just emailed a few dealers near my location to get a list of prices. Went to my nearest dealer as I wanted to keep a good relationship to the nearest dealership and they matched the lowest offer I had.

MSRP: $29,580
    Discount: -$2,561
    Vehicle Price: $27,019
    Rebate: -$1,000
    After Rebate: $26,019
    Doc Fee: $85
    License, Title, Taxes: $2,748

Total: 28,852

One thing to note for my deal was that taxes and such were calculated off of the vehicle price of ($27,019). The rebate was factored in after the fact. Overall very happy with my purchase!
    Last edited by lurker; 02-11-2019 at 03:30 AM.

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

12.1% discount. Nice job!
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 80k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX-5 GTR

2019 Gray GTR.....

MSRP - $36,565
    My price - $35,095

Then had to do real battle over my trade. Finally, after I got up and headed for the door, they gave me what I wanted.
    This was the second dealer I visited, as the first one was totally unwilling to deal and let me walk.

The GTR and Signature models appear to be extremely popular right now. Inventory was limited and dealerships are tough on price.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    MSRP: $29,580
    Discount: -$2,561
    Vehicle Price: $27,019
    Rebate: -$1,000
    After Rebate: $26,019
    Doc Fee: $85
    License, Title, Taxes: $2,748
    Total: 28,852...
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    12.1% discount. Nice job!
    It's actually an 8.7% negotiated discount. The other $1k is a rebate and is taxed, so it really shouldn't be factored into the equation.

Either way, it's a better discount than I got.

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

It's actually an 8.7% negotiated discount. The other $1k is a rebate and is taxed, so it really shouldn't be factored into the equation.

Oh, good point. Didn't realize that.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

ss

Doc Fee needs to be added back into "Vehicle Price" to determine the dealer discount since it's essentially dealer profit. The only fees that don't enter into the equation are government mandated fees.

Still a good deal!!

Registered Member

TBD

GT AWD MSRP $32,440
    $30,200 + license/fees (Lease)

Purchase would have been $29,550 due to $650 more in incentive from Mazda on a purchase.

Washington State

I just turned 50 and this is my 36th car. They gave me $1,000 more than I would have taken for my 2010 Acura MDX on the trade. I calculate trade target based on Black Book Trade prices + tax savings + conveninence factor (my time is money.) I've sold some of my own cars in the past private party so I have a feel for values and time involved. It's amazing how few cars are on the private party market these days in the > $10K range. Guess most people think it's a big ordeal and don't want to deal with it.

I usually have to fight hard to get close to my trade target. First time I didn't have to haggle on a trade in 30+ years. Maybe because the Acura only had 77K miles (I work from home - why a 10K annual max Lease suits me very well as I put about 400-600 miles on the car a month) They made the trade offer sight unseen on the car. Couldn't believe it. Did everything via email except sign the papers. Only dealer in the area that "got it" as far as realizing I was a seasoned buyer and didn't want to waste time screwing around going back and forth or sitting in the showroom playing games.

Please take the balloon of the car and no I don't want my picture taken with it. I'm buying a depreciating asset used to transport me from point A to B, not having a baby. I guess I would have felt differently 25 years ago when I made my first new vehicle purchase. (roll eyes) Oh, and don't put me on your cheezy email broadcast list sending me pre-canned emails as if you were personally contacting me. I'm an Internet Marketing Consulting for a living... seen plenty of that stuff to last me a lifetime. LOL.

So while the new car price isn't going to win any low price contests (it was a decent price), the overall deal was quite satisfactory. Contacted 4 other dealers. One said they won't get into price wars.. umm it's called a capalist society where you compete for people's business. Obviously they want to get you into the showroom to see what they can get out of you because it's more of a inconvenience to you to drive out there and you'll be less likely to walk away with no new car. Two others didn't reply when I explained myself clearly in my initial email (guess they wanted more of a sucker buyer), and fourth wasn't competetive on the price. I've used Car Buying services in the past ocassionally when I was busy. They are great. I'm not talking "Fake Car Buying Services" like TruCar - those are just lead generation services. A real Car Buying Service for a small fee ($250-$500), they'll contact the Fleet Sales Manager at the largest dealers in the area and get the bottom line price right off the bat. Dealer I contacted understood that and gave me their bottom line right away. Hard to find dealers that will recognize who they are dealing with and do that for you. I'm amazed that most still play the same old games. I guess they get an unknowledgeable buyer often enough to make it worth it for them. Just pisses people like me off as I understand how the cars are priced and you can find out all the hidden manufacturer-dealer incentives pretty easily (along with the invoice price.)

Most dealers can sell the new cars at very small margins as they make their money in the service department. Except with in demand brand new models like the Reserve and Signature. Everyone wants the lastest and greatest. Economy is good, so no big discounts on those. Here's a neat experiment, ask for an itemized list of what they do on an oil change and then ask for the same list for say, the 15K service which costs 5 times more. Compare it line by line. There's barely any difference in what they do compared to the oil change! You're paying them like $100 in parts and labor to change your in cabin air filter, or later on in the service schedule you're paying them 5 times for a differential fluid change that you can get at Jiffy Lube. Most people don't know that. Many think not taking their car to the dealer voids the warranty. Dealer's love those myths being perpetuated. That's how they make their money.

Boy, I'm chatty this morn...
    Last edited by consultant; 02-11-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Registered Member

jeep

Quote Originally Posted by consultant View Post
    GT AWD MSRP $32,440
    $30,200 + license/fees (Lease)

Purchase would have been $29,550 due to $650 more in incentive from Mazda on a purchase.

Washington State

I just turned 50 and this is my 36th car some of which I sold myself private party instead of trade in. They gave me $1,000 more than I would have taken for my 2010 Acura MDX on the trade. I calculate trade target based on Black Book Trade prices + tax savings + conveninence factor (my time is money.) I usually have to fight hard to get cloe to my trade target. First time I didn't have to haggle on a trade in 30+ years. Maybe because the Acura only had 77K miles (I work from home - why a 10K annual max Lease suits me very well as I put about 400-600 miles on the car a month) I they made the trade offer sight unseen on the car. Did everything via email except sigh the papers. Couldn't believe it. Only dealer in the area that "got it" as far as realizing I was a seasoned buyer and didn't want to waste time screwing around going back and forth or sitting in the showroom playing games.

So while the new car price isn't going to win any low price contests (it was a decent price), the overall deal was quite satisfactory.
    What dealership? I'm in Washington state

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by pcardoza View Post
    2019 Gray GTR.....

MSRP - $36,565
    My price - $35,095

Then had to do real battle over my trade. Finally, after I got up and headed for the door, they gave me what I wanted.
    This was the second dealer I visited, as the first one was totally unwilling to deal and let me walk.

The GTR and Signature models appear to be extremely popular right now. Inventory was limited and dealerships are tough on price.
    Is that $35,095 the price of just the car (including the destination)?

Or is that the out the door price?

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX-5 GTR

Price including destination. Does not include sales tax and registration fee

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast