Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Prices paid for 2019 CX5

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLewis View Post
    Probably so, but I*d say 8% off MSRP isn*t too bad for the *got to have it crowd.* My dealer is offering me 10% off, but no thanks, I*m not hurting for an *upgrade* atm. Now if they wanna entertain 15%, I may bite the bullet now, but I*ll just keep stacking paper and get one for that or better whenever I choose, maybe, as I still have a warranty and a lot of miles to rack up on the current one for now...
    I don't get why there is such a big disparity on the prices just because of location.

Yes, location matters. But the price disparity is ridiculous.

For example, here in NY/NJ, dealerships will not budge past a 3.5% discount on the GTR or Signature.

10% discount? Dealerships here will laugh you out of the showroom.

I've yet to find a dealership in the tri-state area who will give more than 3.5% discount on the GTR or Signature.

I've even entertained driving to Virginia/Maryland/etc. for a decent discount.

3.5%. What a joke.
    Last edited by AirCon05; 01-14-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Registered Member

16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

Quote Originally Posted by AirCon05 View Post
    I don't get why there is such a big disparity on the prices just because of location.

For example, here in NY/NJ, dealerships will not budge past a 3.5% discount on the GTR or Signature.

I've yet to find a dealership in the tri-state area who will give more than 3.5% discount on the GTR or Signature.

3.5%. What a joke.
    Hey, I agree. I came to Virginia for mine, 450 Miles from home. I almost went to Delaware before that. All I care about is price, period. If my car spends time in a stealership after my initial purchase, then I bought the wrong car.

Those NJ/NY dealers can laugh all they want, I*d pull in, honk the horn, and wave with a smile on my way back home. There was a couple from NY in Va when I got mine, and another on the phone setting up delivery for that weekend...

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 GTR

Hey, I agree. I came to Virginia for mine, 450 Miles from home. I almost went to Delaware before that. All I care about is price, period. If my car spends time in a stealership after my initial purchase, then I bought the wrong car.

Those NJ/NY dealers can laugh all they want, I*d pull in, honk the horn, and wave with a smile on my way back home. There was a couple from NY in Va when I got mine, and another on the phone setting up delivery for that weekend...
    If you don't mind me asking, which VA dealerships offered these great prices?

I actually would be willing to drive down to VA for these prices.

Registered Member

If you don't mind me asking, which VA dealerships offered these great prices?

I actually would be willing to drive down to VA for these prices.
    My preferred dealer in Va went to "One Price" No Haggle pricing, which I've never been a fan of at all. Now, they say they don't entertain offers, but they will, it's just not as easy as it used to be, so I doubt they get much attention from me as before. My current pricing is from a dealer in CLT, NC as my local dealer here is an MSRP kinda dealer, so I laugh at them in return...

Brown's and Priority have been okay to work with in the past, but they're not gonna come right out and give you a great price most likely, however, they do entertain offers and seem to wanna make deals happen. You just have to find a way to stay persistent that you're not just price shopping and would in fact be there to buy the car given the best deal and all. They want and need to sell cars, so let's make it happen...

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 GTR

My preferred dealer in Va went to "One Price" No Haggle pricing, which I've never been a fan of at all. Now, they say they don't entertain offers, but they will, it's just not as easy as it used to be, so I doubt they get much attention from me as before. My current pricing is from a dealer in CLT, NC as my local dealer here is an MSRP kinda dealer, so I laugh at them in return...

Brown's and Priority have been okay to work with in the past, but they're not gonna come right out and give you a great price most likely, however, they do entertain offers and seem to wanna make deals happen. You just have to find a way to stay persistent that you're not just price shopping and would in fact be there to buy the car given the best deal and all. They want and need to sell cars, so let's make it happen...
    Thanks for the info!

Registered Member

Thanks for the info!
    No problem. Another thing about that area is the customer cash seems to be higher normally. When others get $500, they get a $1k. They keep a lot of inventory too (Brown*s has over 100 2019 CX-5 in stock right now). Don*t let Browns internet pricing fool you, they*re only offering $800 off a GTR right now, so don*t let it deter you...

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX-5 GT w/PP

Price paid in San Antonio, TX

Soul Red Crystal Metallic 2019 CX-5 Grand Toring with Premium Package
    Price $30,150 + TTL, License, Tax

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

3.5%. What a joke.
    Yeah. I only got about a 4.5% discount on mine. It is what it is.

Location, popularity of the model, new models. I bought mine right when the 2.5L NA dropped (original CX-5 was 2.0L only). Dealers were absolutely not budging much, and at the end of the day it was the car I wanted and was overall happy with the deal as it was better than most in the same area.

EDIT: Also...you all realize there is a stickied price thread in this section right?
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 81k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

Registered Member

ss

This thread is totally worthless without some standard methodology in comparing prices.

Deals involving trades, financing convolute the data and should be ignored.

Dealer discounts should be based on prices before any rebates since they come direct from Mazda. If the dealer adds B.S fees like document preparation fees they don't count as govn't fees.

Dealer discount % = MSRP - Cash Price Paid (before mfgr. rebates, before govn't taxes/fees)/MSRP

Only completed cash transactions count. (not hearsay, verbal quotes or other B.S.)

P.S. Mazda's dealer margin is 4% + 1% holdback. Other manufacturer to dealer kickbacks will be YMMV based on inventory and dealership.

Registered Member

MSRP and Selling price is all I care about. Everything else like taxes and fees is gonna be variables for everyone, like out the door price...

With that being said, like Colorado stated, I/We have went over this a million times in the sticky thread dedicated to pricing, so done here...

2019 Signature CX-5 Black Mica

Quote Originally Posted by davefr View Post
    This thread is totally worthless without some standard methodology in comparing prices.

Deals involving trades, financing convolute the data and should be ignored.

Dealer discounts should be based on prices before any rebates since they come direct from Mazda. If the dealer adds B.S fees like document preparation fees they don't count as govn't fees.

Dealer discount % = MSRP - Cash Price Paid (before mfgr. rebates, before govn't taxes/fees)/MSRP

Only completed cash transactions count. (not hearsay, verbal quotes or other B.S.)

P.S. Mazda's dealer margin is 4% + 1% holdback. Other manufacturer to dealer kickbacks will be YMMV based on inventory and dealership.
    Very well said. The OTD price is completely meaningless when it includes sales taxes, local title/reg, trade in, etc. They only thing I would still included is dealer BS fees. The only reason I would included BS fees is this goes to the dealers bottom line. If one dealer has $500 BS fee and the other has $200 BS fee the dealer with the higher fee could discount $300 more but the bottom line to the butter is the same.

I totally agree with not including manufacturer incentives as they do not impact dealers bottom line as they are covered by the manufacturer. This is why I haven't posted my deal on this forum. I had 2 deals in my hand when I bought my Signature in Nov. I'm a member of Mazdas racing association and I also had rare option to to get employee pricing. Both of these are paid for directly by Mazda and not the dealer. So I didn't and I won't post my price because it's was truly a rare opportunity and don't want people banging their head against a brick wall trying by to get the same deal.

Registered Member

You guys are so late to the party...

Mazda employee pricing is a joke. Most dealers discount their cars from the start lower than the S and E plan pricing. Sure, some don't as well.

Anyways, like stated before, this has ALL been over countless times before in the "Current selling price" sticky thread. The only thing meaningless/worthless is this thread. Close shop.

Registered Member

ss

Quote Originally Posted by SignatureCX5 View Post
    Very well said. The OTD price is completely meaningless when it includes sales taxes, local title/reg, trade in, etc. They only thing I would still included is dealer BS fees. The only reason I would included BS fees is this goes to the dealers bottom line. If one dealer has $500 BS fee and the other has $200 BS fee the dealer with the higher fee could discount $300 more but the bottom line to the butter is the same.
    Yes, absolutely agree!! I was trying to suggest not to lump dealership fees with govn't fees.

Registered Member

ss

You guys are so late to the party...

Mazda employee pricing is a joke. Most dealers discount their cars from the start lower than the S and E plan pricing. Sure, some don't as well.

Anyways, like stated before, this has ALL been over countless times before in the "Current selling price" sticky thread. The only thing meaningless/worthless is this thread. Close shop.
    That thread is also pretty worthless due to the lack of a std. methodology for comparing deals. In that thread there's leftover '18 MY inventory compared with new '19 2.5's vs new 2.5T Sigs/GT-R's. (Apples to Oranges comparison when comparing deals)

IMHO Dealer Discount % based on the year and trim for completed cash sales is the only way to have a meaningful comparison.

2019 Signature CX-5 Black Mica

Quote Originally Posted by davefr View Post
    That thread is also pretty worthless due to the lack of a std. methodology for comparing deals. In that thread there's leftover '18 MY inventory compared with new '19 2.5's vs new 2.5T Sigs/GT-R's. (Apples to Oranges comparison when comparing deals)

IMHO Dealer Discount % based on the year and trim for completed cash sales is the only way to have a meaningful comparison.
    Agree again. The deal I got in a Signature CX-5 turbo in Nov...a new and highly anticipated model/trim in no way should be compare to outgoing 2018 models, and to an extent 2019 non-turbo models. This will be a thread that will fade as more turbos hit the streets and time goes on, but for now it's a valid thread.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast