Prices paid for 2019 CX5

No trade in. I found the discount information on consumer reports website and asked the dealer if they can match it and they said yes. 5 other dealers said no. After purchasing the vehicle, another dealer called and offered $2451 off.

Where are you finding the discount information on consumer reports website?

I can't find anything on consumer reports website for discount information for CX5.

The only thing I can find on the site for example: Grand Touring Reserve: Great Price of 34596 and Market Average of 35001.

Nothing like the price you got.

(uhm)

Last edited:

I can't find anything on consumer reports website for discount information for CX5.

The only thing I can find on the site for example: Grand Touring Reserve: Great Price of 34596 and Market Average of 35001.

(uhm)

(uhm)

(uhm)

I tried to attach a file but did not work so here is a link if you have subscription https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/mazda/cx-5/2019/overview/
Max toward the end of the page under "ready to buy"

I didn't realize CR had a subscription.

To find out more about the pricing, I might actually get a temporary subscription.

Would the $7.95 Digital Monthly show the pricing breakdown or do you need the $55/yr 'All Access' subscription?

Thanks!

I didn't realize CR had a subscription.

To find out more about the pricing, I might actually get a temporary subscription.

Would the $7.95 Digital Monthly show the pricing breakdown or do you need the $55/yr 'All Access' subscription?

Thanks!

Just click on the link and see if it works, if not you will need to subscribe. CR also has a car buying service but don't know how it works.
I took a screen picture for your review IMG_2646.jpg

I suspect that any exciting deals will not be available until the GOT TO HAVE IT NOW buyers thin out. I'm thinking another year for my 2014Touring. Ed

I suspect that any exciting deals will not be available until the GOT TO HAVE IT NOW buyers thin out. I'm thinking another year for my 2014Touring. Ed

Probably so, but I*d say 8% off MSRP isn*t too bad for the *got to have it crowd.* My dealer is offering me 10% off, but no thanks, I*m not hurting for an *upgrade* atm. Now if they wanna entertain 15%, I may bite the bullet now, but I*ll just keep stacking paper and get one for that or better whenever I choose, maybe, as I still have a warranty and a lot of miles to rack up on the current one for now...

Probably so, but I*d say 8% off MSRP isn*t too bad for the *got to have it crowd.* My dealer is offering me 10% off, but no thanks, I*m not hurting for an *upgrade* atm. Now if they wanna entertain 15%, I may bite the bullet now, but I*ll just keep stacking paper and get one for that or better whenever I choose, maybe, as I still have a warranty and a lot of miles to rack up on the current one for now...

I don't get why there is such a big disparity on the prices just because of location.

Yes, location matters. But the price disparity is ridiculous.

For example, here in NY/NJ, dealerships will not budge past a 3.5% discount on the GTR or Signature.

10% discount? Dealerships here will laugh you out of the showroom.

I've yet to find a dealership in the tri-state area who will give more than 3.5% discount on the GTR or Signature.

I've even entertained driving to Virginia/Maryland/etc. for a decent discount.

3.5%. What a joke.

Last edited:
I don't get why there is such a big disparity on the prices just because of location.

For example, here in NY/NJ, dealerships will not budge past a 3.5% discount on the GTR or Signature.

I've yet to find a dealership in the tri-state area who will give more than 3.5% discount on the GTR or Signature.

3.5%. What a joke.

Hey, I agree. I came to Virginia for mine, 450 Miles from home. I almost went to Delaware before that. All I care about is price, period. If my car spends time in a stealership after my initial purchase, then I bought the wrong car.

Those NJ/NY dealers can laugh all they want, I*d pull in, honk the horn, and wave with a smile on my way back home. There was a couple from NY in Va when I got mine, and another on the phone setting up delivery for that weekend...

Hey, I agree. I came to Virginia for mine, 450 Miles from home. I almost went to Delaware before that. All I care about is price, period. If my car spends time in a stealership after my initial purchase, then I bought the wrong car.

Those NJ/NY dealers can laugh all they want, I*d pull in, honk the horn, and wave with a smile on my way back home. There was a couple from NY in Va when I got mine, and another on the phone setting up delivery for that weekend...

If you don't mind me asking, which VA dealerships offered these great prices?

I actually would be willing to drive down to VA for these prices.

If you don't mind me asking, which VA dealerships offered these great prices?

I actually would be willing to drive down to VA for these prices.

My preferred dealer in Va went to "One Price" No Haggle pricing, which I've never been a fan of at all. Now, they say they don't entertain offers, but they will, it's just not as easy as it used to be, so I doubt they get much attention from me as before. My current pricing is from a dealer in CLT, NC as my local dealer here is an MSRP kinda dealer, so I laugh at them in return...

Brown's and Priority have been okay to work with in the past, but they're not gonna come right out and give you a great price most likely, however, they do entertain offers and seem to wanna make deals happen. You just have to find a way to stay persistent that you're not just price shopping and would in fact be there to buy the car given the best deal and all. They want and need to sell cars, so let's make it happen...

My preferred dealer in Va went to "One Price" No Haggle pricing, which I've never been a fan of at all. Now, they say they don't entertain offers, but they will, it's just not as easy as it used to be, so I doubt they get much attention from me as before. My current pricing is from a dealer in CLT, NC as my local dealer here is an MSRP kinda dealer, so I laugh at them in return...

Brown's and Priority have been okay to work with in the past, but they're not gonna come right out and give you a great price most likely, however, they do entertain offers and seem to wanna make deals happen. You just have to find a way to stay persistent that you're not just price shopping and would in fact be there to buy the car given the best deal and all. They want and need to sell cars, so let's make it happen...

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info!

No problem. Another thing about that area is the customer cash seems to be higher normally. When others get $500, they get a $1k. They keep a lot of inventory too (Brown*s has over 100 2019 CX-5 in stock right now). Don*t let Browns internet pricing fool you, they*re only offering $800 off a GTR right now, so don*t let it deter you...

Price paid in San Antonio, TX

Soul Red Crystal Metallic 2019 CX-5 Grand Toring with Premium Package
Price $30,150 + TTL, License, Tax

3.5%. What a joke.

Yeah. I only got about a 4.5% discount on mine. It is what it is.

Location, popularity of the model, new models. I bought mine right when the 2.5L NA dropped (original CX-5 was 2.0L only). Dealers were absolutely not budging much, and at the end of the day it was the car I wanted and was overall happy with the deal as it was better than most in the same area.

EDIT: Also...you all realize there is a stickied price thread in this section right?

This thread is totally worthless without some standard methodology in comparing prices.

Deals involving trades, financing convolute the data and should be ignored.

Dealer discounts should be based on prices before any rebates since they come direct from Mazda. If the dealer adds B.S fees like document preparation fees they don't count as govn't fees.

Dealer discount % = MSRP - Cash Price Paid (before mfgr. rebates, before govn't taxes/fees)/MSRP

Only completed cash transactions count. (not hearsay, verbal quotes or other B.S.)

P.S. Mazda's dealer margin is 4% + 1% holdback. Other manufacturer to dealer kickbacks will be YMMV based on inventory and dealership.

MSRP and Selling price is all I care about. Everything else like taxes and fees is gonna be variables for everyone, like out the door price...

With that being said, like Colorado stated, I/We have went over this a million times in the sticky thread dedicated to pricing, so done here...

Back