Prices paid for 2019 CX5

:
2019 CX-5 GTR
Not sure if this is allowed here but I'm having trouble finding prices paid for a 2019 CX5 and figured this would benefit others (not just myself).

Can't seem to find anything on TrueCar or other sites.

Looking to pickup a 2019 CX5 GTR (NJ area) in a metallic gray and the best offer I got was $34875 + 369 doc fee. No other fees.

Of course this doesn't include tax, title, and registration.

What's a price I should be aiming for? Or what has everyone else gotten?

In California, heres what I paid for a 2019 Soul Red Grand Touring Reserve:

34,958 (includes 595 red paint option, 995 destination)
-1,250 loyalty discount
+572 fees (DMV, title, etc.)
(+ tax)

I also had a trade in that brought the price down for me but thats a separate thing. Could I have done better with ruthless negotiating? Maybe, but so doubt a lot better and as I wanted (and got) the red with parchment, my options were exteremely limited for getting it elsewhere (dealer had to swap with another 80 miles away to get mine, theres very few available).

Anyway, your numbers dont look radically different, seems about right. But if you have another Mazda in the family (you dont need to own it), be sure you get a loyalty discount.

For a 2019 Eternal Blue Grand Touring Reserve, I paid $32,855 before taxes and fees and $35,000 OTD. This is all in Virginia without being eligible for any of the other discounts like loyalty and such.

Loyalty Rebate is $750 (own a Mazda in household).
Mazda Trade-In Rebate is $500 ( must Trade-in a 2014 or newer Mazda).

That is where your $1250 came from.

I posted the deal on my 19 Signature above and I got 2100 discount and 500 *customer cash* (don*t know why, I didn*t qualify for anything). It does appear I was pretty fortunate to get this however I do think that if I was looking for a spot to begin negotiations it*d be at least 5% under msrp. I started at 10% and we negotiated back and forth until I eventually drew a line at the numbers above, which they took.

In addition to the trade in and loyalty rebates, Mazda's current offers on 2019 CX-5 include:

$1,000 CUSTOMER CASH FOR SPORT, TOURING AND GRAND TOURING TRIMS OR $500 CUSTOMER CASH FOR GRAND TOURING RESERVE AND SIGNATURE TRIMS

I don't know how Mazda's "invoice" pricing actually works, but the leaked doc announcing the GT-R and Signature showed 34870 MSRP and 33513 "dealer invoice".

For a 2019 Eternal Blue Grand Touring Reserve, I paid $32,855 before taxes and fees and $35,000 OTD. This is all in Virginia without being eligible for any of the other discounts like loyalty and such.

Damn, that is a great price.

Which dealer if you dont mind me asking?

I would possibly take a drive down to VA for that kind of pricing.

Even 5% under MSRP is pretty decent.

The Mazda dealerships here in NY/NJ will not budge much.

That is definitely the case with GT-R and Signature trims with NY/NJ dealerships. The largest discount off MSRP for either trims that I saw (after looking for a month) was actually 5% off MSRP for a GT-R from an upstate NY dealer.

price paid in Houston, TX

Took delivery of 2019 CX5 Signature in machine gray and paid $35080+TTL that is $3105 off the standard MSRP $38185. My very 1st Mazda. I hope no issues with this vehicle.

No trade in. I found the discount information on consumer reports website and asked the dealer if they can match it and they said yes. 5 other dealers said no. After purchasing the vehicle, another dealer called and offered $2451 off.

Took delivery of a GT AWD with PP in Deep Blue for $32,065 plus TTL and doc fee, minus $4200 trade-in on a 2007 CR-V EX AWD.

Last edited:
Took delivery of 2019 CX5 Signature in machine gray and paid $35080+TTL that is $3105 off the standard MSRP $38185. My very 1st Mazda. I hope no issues with this vehicle.

No trade in. I found the discount information on consumer reports website and asked the dealer if they can match it and they said yes. 5 other dealers said no. After purchasing the vehicle, another dealer called and offered $2451 off.

Nice work!
You shouldn't have any issues. My '14 with 74k mi on it has only needed brakes and a set of tires. Looking to grab a Signature in the spring.

Congrats! That's ~$1k better than I did a couple weeks ago. Were there any miles on it?

It took the dealer 10 days to obtain the vehicle. He finally obtained it from another dealer 34 miles away and so I bought the car with 39 miles on the odometer. If the car was discounted by $3k, I wonder how much the dealer made on the vehicle. I would say about $2k.

The CX5 signature is being compared with premium brands like the BMW X3 and Acura RDX but it doesnt handle like premium brands. The ride is not refined. Steering is not precise. However, cornering is good.

Luxurious appointment in the CX5 cant be compared with the premium brands For example, the Nappa leather in the CX5 is not even close to the BMW Nappa leather.

Luxurious appointment in the CX5 can*t be compared with the premium brands For example, the Nappa leather in the CX5 is not even close to the BMW Nappa leather.

I disagree as far as the BMW X3 goes. Wasn't a fan and I could never get comfortable in it. The Q5 with Nappa, is on another level, though. The only issue was you can't get the ventilated option with it.

I disagree as far as the BMW X3 goes. Wasn't a fan and I could never get comfortable in it. The Q5 with Nappa, is on another level, though. The only issue was you can't get the ventilated option with it.

Sorry, I went into a rat hole. This thread is for price paid, not leather appointment.

How much do you think a dealer makes on this trim?

I see buyers are listing Fees of $375-500 like that is a non negotiable cost. License and registration fees usually are ~$100-125. I normally like to deal from invoice, agree on a dollar amount and add reasonable fees and taxes. The cost is the Out-the-door price. Ed

Back