Firmware version

Ssteigss10

:
2019 CX-9 GT Machine Grey
Does anyone know the latest firmware version for Cx-9 with carplay. Mine is .021 but saw online there is a newer version that is out. Can anyone confirm? Hoping theres some improvements with glitches.

I just got a 2018 CX-9 with a build date of 5/18. Do we think that would have the latest firmware? I am getting Carplay installed tomorrow so maybe that will do it. The screen has shown up black 3 or 4 times I've started it out of about 20 times and that's no good.

I just got a 2018 CX-9 with a build date of 5/18. Do we think that would have the latest firmware? I am getting Carplay installed tomorrow so maybe that will do it. The screen has shown up black 3 or 4 times I've started it out of about 20 times and that's no good.
It probably doesn't have the latest version, but it will after ACP/AA is installed because ACP/AA won't work without the update.

Interested in what are the changes for .100a as well compared to .021

I just had mine updated to the .100 from .021. Pandora menu previously wouldnt load all the time. No issues since update. Other than that it does seem to boot up a little faster but need more time to see. I usually get in car and immediately put in reverse to back up so backup camera/360 is first thing to come up.

When you put it reverse it defaults to 360 view? Mine goes to just old backup camera without the trajectory backup camera view.

When you put it reverse it defaults to 360 view? Mine goes to just old backup camera without the trajectory backup camera view.

Picked up on '19 GT 7 days ago. Through this thread found out that my firmware is at .021 despite my asking the salesman to ensure the car was update before pickup. The Mazda PDI seems a bit of a joke.

Called service at the purchasing dealer and made an appt to have that updated. I see in the web-based appt manager that the work is listed with a $200 charge. Maybe the system automatically adds a labor charge to all appointments, but I'm not expecting to pay for something that was promised at sales time (though do not have in writing...).

More to the point, would a software update be considered a warranty item?

(ps. And yea, I'd love to have the 360 cam turn on automatically when placed in reverse)

Picked up on '19 GT 7 days ago. Through this thread found out that my firmware is at .021 despite my asking the salesman to ensure the car was update before pickup. The Mazda PDI seems a bit of a joke.

Called service at the purchasing dealer and made an appt to have that updated. I see in the web-based appt manager that the work is listed with a $200 charge. Maybe the system automatically adds a labor charge to all appointments, but I'm not expecting to pay for something that was promised at sales time (though do not have in writing...).

More to the point, would a software update be considered a warranty item?

(ps. And yea, I'd love to have the 360 cam turn on automatically when placed in reverse)

I think you can change the default setting for the view that shows when you put it into reverse, but I can't clarify as I don't have a 2019.

When you put the car into Reverse, the view should change on the touchscreen. You should see a gear icon that you can tap on. I believe these are the settings for the backup cam, and I assume that you'd be able to modify the default view from this screen.

I'd suggest putting it into Reverse and then engaging the electronic parking brake before playing with the menu, just in case.

I'd suggest putting it into Reverse and then engaging the electronic parking brake before playing with the menu, just in case.

Probably a good idea!

Any thoughts on whether a software upgrade is considered a warranty item?

Thanks!

Probably a good idea!

Any thoughts on whether a software upgrade is considered a warranty item?

Thanks!

Warranty will cover update if it's to fix an issue with software. Just say it's slow/buggy, etc and warranty will cover it.

Warranty will cover update if it's to fix an issue with software. Just say it's slow/buggy, etc and warranty will cover it.

Wanted to confirm what @teknowiz mentioned. Took my car back to the dealer and told them about my infotainment issues and despite noting as a $200 charge ahead of time, they said software updates are covered under warranty. After warranty you get charged labor for the update but not for the update itself.

Having only had the car for a short while, hard to tell what changed, startup seems a bit faster but may in my head. There's a third view when pushing down on the infotainment dial that I had never noticed before, but then I only found out you could do that in this thread. The view is just the 2 side-view mirror cams to show you where you are WRT curbs and other things along the sides of the car, different from the 360 which shows fore and aft in addition to the sides in the view from above. Was that always part of the 360 system or did that get added by the firmware? (EDIT: Yes, it was always there, I hadn't yet gotten to that part of the manual and like I said, didn't know about the pushing down on the knob view changing behavior)

Annoyed me that I had to spend 2 hours at the dealer with my 3 year old son as we were on our way out of town for camping-- salesman dropped the ball on that and I will Mazda know in the purchasing experience survey they just sent me.

Last edited:
Back