Anybody turned their GT's camera into a dash cam?

Same could be said about in-dash Nav systems 10 years ago, and then cars didn't already have the hardware already like they do now.

Read my last post. Initially OP wanted to use the camera on his car as a dashcam. Now he's changed his tune and would like to see it implemented on future models.

Read my last post. Initially OP wanted to use the camera on his car as a dashcam. Now he's changed his tune and would like to see it implemented on future models.

Actually, I have no interest in a dashcam. I thought the discussion was interesting and I was spitballing about how the various devices and systems could be linked.

Actually, I have no interest in a dashcam. I thought the discussion was interesting and I was spitballing about how the various devices and systems could be linked.

Yikes, my mistake. It seems I confused you with the OP starting at post #19, haha. Sorry about that.

No I'm not, I'm just pointing out (spitballing as it were) the car already has 95% of the hardware required, as do several other brands. Seems silly to rely on aftermarket devices in that case but obviously that's the most cost effective.

No I'm not, I'm just pointing out (spitballing as it were) the car already has 95% of the hardware required, as do several other brands. Seems silly to rely on aftermarket devices in that case but obviously that's the most cost effective.

I wouldn't say that that's exactly the case. Especially if you're comparing it to a basic dashcam, which again, has the sensors/software built for emergency recordings, G-sensor/impact detection, motion detection, and time lapse. The camera/software in the CX-5 is not equipped for any of that. Thus, not only is it cost-effective, it is also the best option to just get a dashcam.

Back