2016.5 Stock Tire Slow Leak- No Nails/Screws

Exactly. I doubt silicone would even hold pressure under all the flexing
The key is it's a "pin-hole" leak on the sidewall, which means there's no structure damage, nor a major leak where the tire pressure would drop 10 psi within a day or two. You can live with such slow leak for many months without repair as long as you keep up the tire pressure every week. What's the danger of doing this? And what's the danger of applying silicon to pin hole hopefully to slow down the leak to may be fill up the air once for every two weeks?

And I do believe the silicon will hold for a period of time to cover the pin hole as it itself will flex with the sidewall. And it's will hold as the pressure from pin hole is very minimum.

So did you go ahead bought 4 new tires because of that pin hole leak on one tire with 16K miles?

The key is it's a "pin-hole" leak on the sidewall, which means there's no structure damage, nor a major leak where the tire pressure would drop 10 psi within a day or two. You can live with such slow leak for many months without repair as long as you keep up the tire pressure every week. What's the danger of doing this? And what's the danger of applying silicon to pin hole hopefully to slow down the leak to may be fill up the air once for every two weeks?

And I do believe the silicon will hold for a period of time to cover the pin hole as it itself will flex with the sidewall. And it's will hold as the pressure from pin hole is very minimum.

So did you go ahead bought 4 new tires because of that pin hole leak on one tire with 16K miles?

Yes, I did. Never really liked the Yokos to begin with so it gave me an excuse to get rid of them. Did not want to risk a catastrophic accident with my wife and grandchildren in the car. There could've been a whole lot more than just a pin hole leak going on. Better safe than sorry, and I got a great buy-3-get-one-free deal on some good tires. I could've bought a new shaved tire from TireRack but chose not to.

Yes, I did. Never really liked the Yokos to begin with so it gave me an excuse to get rid of them. Did not want to risk a catastrophic accident with my wife and grandchildren in the car. There could've been a whole lot more than just a pin hole leak going on. Better safe than sorry, and I got a great buy-3-get-one-free deal on some good tires. I could've bought a new shaved tire from TireRack but chose not to.
Yeah based on specs and reviews from OE 225/65R17 100H Yokohama Geolandar G91A tire, Id do the same under the circumstances.

Back