Not moving underload

Kgm_34

:
Mazdaspeed protege
I can shift into any gear and the clutch pedal has pressure, BUT the car will not move. If I jack it up in the air the wheels will spin but I can stop them by hand. Basically, any load prevents them from moving. I can shift into any gear including reverse. Clutch action feels fine.
Please help if anyone has had this issue. I believe it may be the differential but would like anyones insight on the matter

Does the car make any funny noises? When my differential broke, it made loud grinding noises when letting out the clutch. Differentials are a known issue with these cars but it could be the clutch as well. When you drove the car last, did the clutch slip at all?

No the clutch didnt slip, and I thought the same thing so I bought and replaced the clutch and flywheel and it still had the same issue, and no grinding noises either. And it still runs through all the gears just find without grinding as well.

Yep I had this issue I bet its a bad diff. Try to go for an mfactory diff if you can afford it.

Back