Last night my wife told me...

How steep is your driveway that a Honda Pilot can't make it up!??

27* Grade/17.5* angle

Her pilot is FWD only. The only way it could make it up would be a massive "running start". Even the less sloped drive-way it spins A LOT getting up. If TC is on, it won't make it.

So OP is saying his wife is now officially a car snob.

Well welcome to the club!!!!!!

Same here. My wife loves her CX5 ('17) GT.
She never cares about automobiles in the past as long as they worked when needed.

In my experience, a lot of people who "don't care about cars" have always driven some of the worst vehicles in their respective class, the ones that finish 40 points behind in Car & Driver comparison tests, assuming that they're tested in the first place.

My wife didn't care about cars at all until about a year ago when she ended up being the DD driving home from a party that I had driven us to. She loved driving my Mazda, and wants me to hurry up and decide what to buy next so I can pass the 3 down to her. And sure, I've always gravitated to C&D's best-in-class cars when buying, but surely the biggest factor is that her current car (bought before we met) is a 2012 Hyundai Accent that's only saved from being the biggest POS imaginable by her previous car, a 2005 Pontiac Sunfire.

In my experience, a lot of people who "don't care about cars" have always driven some of the worst vehicles in their respective class, the ones that finish 40 points behind in Car & Driver comparison tests, assuming that they're tested in the first place.

My wife didn't care about cars at all until about a year ago when she ended up being the DD driving home from a party that I had driven us to. She loved driving my Mazda, and wants me to hurry up and decide what to buy next so I can pass the 3 down to her. And sure, I've always gravitated to C&D's best-in-class cars when buying, but surely the biggest factor is that her current car (bought before we met) is a 2012 Hyundai Accent that's only saved from being the biggest POS imaginable by her previous car, a 2005 Pontiac Sunfire.

Before we bought our Accord (that we just traded for our 5) I test drove a new version 3 GT hatch. I had a manual 2010 as a dd years ago and it was so much fun, even if it made plastic creaking sounds inside just sitting still ;) Anyway, I fell instantly in love with the new 3 GT. Got back to the dealership and, fearing it would be too small for us, told them I had to take it home and try it overnight. They obliged. I can remember have a big grin on my face during the drive home. Next morning when I took it back I was so bummed I had to say no. It is such a neat car. Now if they put that 2.5t in it, with stick shift? Oh boy, I might have to bite on that!

My wife could care less about cars, unless she has some issue with what she is driving and then I hear about it. Traded her CRV for a 2018 CX5 last summer and I haven't heard a peep from her. Good sign!

Couldn't care less. [emoji3]
My wife adores her car. She loved how it looks and that she had no problems merging on the onramps. Her 2 big concerns.

I fit a rug in my CX5 that literally rubbed the dash and was wedged into the back. Cut out a couple inches and it would not have gone. $1500 rug (cheap, yes, but whatever) that I got for $54 when Erdo's went bankrupt (awesome deal, whether you like the thing or not). My CX5 came in clutch.

Really ties the livingroom together.
44106561_10100125145256301_2118652838212009984_o.jpg

Otherwise...why not just get a CX3?

You're telling me that gray basic looking rug had a retail of $1500? (cryhard)(cryhard) it goes well though

The funny part to me is he thinks $1500 for that right prediscount was"cheap".

Back