2017~2024 2018 cx5 GT Seatbelt squeaking when it runs against the leather seat **anyone else**?

Zeromarine

:
2018 cx5
I have a 2018 cx5 gt. I noticed a couple days after getting a squeak sound from the left of my driver front seat when I moved around. I found it was the seatbelt squeaking when it slid back and forth on the leather seat. The part Im talking about is the part the goes across your stomach, if you look its where its hooked to the base on the floor behind the driver seat and sits against the bolster on the seat when you buckle in. I ended up putting a piece of felt on the belt so the felt slides on the seat instead and squeak is gone.
Anyone else have this problem? What have you done ? Or anyone have this squeak that cant digits out what it is. Thats what it is.
Thanks.

Last edited:
It seems odd but I guess it*s the way your body presents it to the seat. I think I*d start by wiping the seat with some Meguires leather wipes. Dead cheap in Walmart and they are really good at conditioning the leather. That might stop it squeaking on the belt. Don*t put anything on the belt other than very mild soap water solution.

Ya I tried doing that and it seemed to make it worse. Im only 170lbs skinny build so Im in the average for how the belt would be sitting.
Ya its strange why it does it, only started a few days after I got it. The felt on the belt seems to be working perfect at this time so Ill oribably just leave it for now. When the weather gets warmer I may try conditioning it again and see if it continues.
Thanks for the advise I will try it in the spring.

I tried the leather conditioner and it made it actually worse. No matter who sits in it it does the same thing. Oh well the felt on the belt seems to be working perfect. I cant believe Im the only one on here that has this problem. Maybe most people dont pay attention?

I had the same issue.
Fixed by putting velcro (the soft part) on the sides of the mehanism and now its soft when it touches the seat

I had the same issue.
Fixed by putting velcro (the soft part) on the sides of the mehanism and now its soft when it touches the seat

Its not the buckle Im having a problem with its the actual seatbelt material. The part of the belt thats anchored down to your left the lap part of the belt runs against the left side bolster of the seat and when the belt material slides back and forth on the seat leather it squeaks. I can post a picture also if needed.

My mistake then. With me the buckle was producing the noise.
I havent noticed issues with the belt itself.
may be due to seat position?
I have mine set at lowest and set to back as much as possible. I extend the steering wheel as well.

Back