Caution - Piano Black Trim Pieces

Yea they just need to use some other material that doesnt scratch so easily and attract dirt.

Question for everyone...

I noticed that the Sport and Touring trims do NOT have the exterior Piano Black trim on the doors.
Instead, it is nice satin black trim that is much less likely to scratch.

So, has anyone removed the Piano Black gloss trim and replaced it with pieces from the Sport/Touring models?

Just cover them with paint protection film, I used expel ultimate, its self healing, no micro scratching from drying with cloth.

Got quote of 80-160 for xpel film application on b pillars from pro shop.

I*m going to try doing my own door sills and upper rear bumper, after I see how those jobs go maybe I*ll try the b pillars.

So it is now 2020, and I have just bought a 2021 CX5 with these piano black B-Pillars. What is the fix? I have heard about using standard clear PPF, and also matte clear PPF.

Does any one have any photos of either or perhaps another solution?

Thanks!

So it is now 2020, and I have just bought a 2021 CX5 with these piano black B-Pillars. What is the fix? I have heard about using standard clear PPF, and also matte clear PPF.

Does any one have any photos of either or perhaps another solution?

Thanks!

Clear or matte PPF would be the best solution, depending on the look you're after. Otherwise, if you have scratches and want to remove them, you can use a plastic polish (but you have to be careful about cleaning them in the future).

Besides PPF, or polishing out the scratches once/year, one other option I have considered...

When I bought my CX-5 in 2018, the Sport and Touring trim levels did NOT come with the piano black exterior trim.
Instead, they came with a much more appropriate and durable flat black trim.
I've thought about buying these trim pieces from Mazda and replacing my piano black B/C pillars.

I believe I saw a 2021 Carbon Edition CX-5 on the dealers lot with matt finish black B/C pillars.

Back