CX-9 - Is it normal for the receiver to be slow to connect to a phone?

Thunk

:
Mazda CX-9
I just bought a used 2013 CX-9. I added my iPhone to the receiver's Bluetooth list. On a different vehicle I have the receiver finds my phone within seconds. This Mazda takes several seconds. Is that normal? Anything I should be doing differently?

Thanks!

I've only had my 2013 CX-9 for a few days now, but I feel your pain. In my Ford Focus, my phone connects almost instantly. The Mazda system feels like it takes forever. I'm hoping someone has a solution, but I suspect the answer is, "that's just the way it is".
Also, welcome to the forum!! Do you live anywhere near any of the old Star Wars movie sets? :)

Like you, I hope someone can help!

We've been to the movie sets multiple times! Neat place! :)

My iPhone connects to the Bose Audio head unit in what feels to be about 10-15 seconds after starting the car. Never actually timed it, but it does not feel any longer than that in my 2008.

Actually, you could try on your phone to forget that BT device and on the head unit to delete that paired phone and then run the pairing process again to see if that helps. I hear that sometimes this corrects anomalous behavior.

Hope that helps.

ZoomFive

Last edited:
2016 CX9 ... yes. Compared to other cars where the connection is almost instant, this car will take several seconds to connect Bluetooth . Even with CP, that takes time to load too.

Back