Help figuring out my CX-9's trim, engine, and transmission please

Thunk

:
Mazda CX-9
I bought a used Mazda CX-9 that didn't have the owner's manual. Someone here in the Mazda community helped me find this site to decipher my VIN.

https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/check-lookup/JM7TB19A6D0409270

I still have 3 questions that I'd appreciate your help answering (so that I can accurately add this vehicle to "My Garage" in my Amazon account).

1) Is this vehicle's trim "sport," "touring," or something else?

2) Is this vehicle's engine:
  • 3.7L V6 Gas DOHC Distributorless Naturally Aspirated SFI Electronic FI MFI A, or
  • 3.7L V6 Gas DOHC Distributorless Naturally Aspirated SFI Electronic FI MFI V?

3) Is this vehicle's transmission:
  • Mazda 6-speed Automatic Transaxle AY6AX-EL, or
  • Mazda 6-speed Automatic Transaxle AY6A-EL?

Please tell me how you know the answers to those.

Thank you sincerely!

Hi! according to the decoder, your vin might be incorrect. www.mazdaforum.com/forum/vindecoder.php

Can you verify the vin on your dash board is exactly what you reported?

Also, what size wheels do you have? 18 or 20 inch?
Chrome or painted door handles?
Halogen or xenon low beam headlights?
Are your headlights electronically height adjustable via dash panel adjistment?
Memory seats?

I will help you if I can.

Hi! according to the decoder, your vin might be incorrect. www.mazdaforum.com/forum/vindecoder.php

Can you verify the vin on your dash board is exactly what you reported?

Also, what size wheels do you have? 18 or 20 inch?
Chrome or painted door handles?
Halogen or xenon low beam headlights?
Are your headlights electronically height adjustable via dash panel adjistment?
Memory seats?

I will help you if I can.

Thank you!

Yes, it is the VIN. I double checked it in the passenger side floorboard compartment.

The wheels are 20".

The door handles are chrome.

Please tell me how to differentiate between the halogen and xenon low beam headlights, thank you.

Regarding headlight electronica height adjustment, I don't know, but do see what looks like a headlight icon that's left of the steering wheel, and below it there is a little dial that lets me choose 1, 2, 3... Is that it?

The seats have a button that lets you program them for 3 different drivers. Is that what you mean by memory seats?

Thank you!

you have a GT or Grand Touring. When you turn the headlamps on, they should color shift blue to white, looking at your garage wall or other surface when turning the lights on. GT is the premium package with the most goodies. I think they added a signature package at some point on very recent models but 2013 I think GT was highest.

Fi mfi a/v?

2) Is this vehicle's engine:
  • 3.7L V6 Gas DOHC Distributorless Naturally Aspirated SFI Electronic FI MFI A, or
  • 3.7L V6 Gas DOHC Distributorless Naturally Aspirated SFI Electronic FI MFI V?

OP, did you find an answer to this question? This is the part I'm trying to find out about my CX-9.

Thank you!

Fi mfi a/v?

OP, did you find an answer to this question? This is the part I'm trying to find out about my CX-9.

Thank you!
Ok I figured it out. You look at the 8th digit or letter in the vin. If it says A then it is A if it says V then it is V. The post above had A in the 8th slot so it is an MFI A. My car is a CX-9 2011 touring and it is a V. I hope this helps.

Ok I figured it out. You look at the 8th digit or letter in the vin. If it says A then it is A if it says V then it is V. The post above had A in the 8th slot so it is an MFI A. My car is a CX-9 2011 touring and it is a V. I hope this helps.
So cool. Thanks for the help!

Back