In Memory of Member 1338
In Memory of Member 1338
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Slow NA Pro5 build

Registered Member STudMUffin1177's Avatar

Mazda protege5

Well tough day for ole yeller, he fought his way through the snow up to Seattle and back and then right before canyon, one patch of black ice and it's a tailspin into the guardrail[emoji24]. I would like to think I saved him as best I could, but I've never 'drifted' (lol) before and honestly just tapped the brakes and tried to steer the front sway from the railing. Well hopefully he's not totaled but the quarter panel and passenger door are junk now, first pick was after he made it to the jobsite in Seattle.
    Sunburst 02 pro5 200k+ miles
    Mystery 4-1 header, mystery short ram, moog control arms, moog front endlinks, moog tie rods, moog trailing links, tein lowering springs, gutted interior
    All about them stickers, crumpled panels, and mismatched paint yo

Comp Engineering Student Riot_Polizei's Avatar

2002 Mazda Protege5

Ah man, I'm sorry to hear that. How about the body? Have you been able to check and see if it's still straight?

Either way, glad you're unharmed. It's theoretically easier to fix a car than to fix a human, after all.
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    ■ Sunburst Yellow ■ Black Rear Valence ■ Injen Cold Air Intake ■ Racing Beat Catback Exhaust ■ Moog Front Endlinks
    ■ Megan Racing Rear Strut Tower Bar ■ Racing Beat Rear Sway Bar ■ Mazda6 Front Big Brakes ■ Foglight Deletes
    ■ OBX 4-1 Headers ■ MP3 ECU ■ VTCS-less Intake Manifold ■ Mishimoto Aluminum Racing Radiator + Fan Shroud
    ■ AWR Trailing Arms ■ Eibach Lowering Springs

Registered Member

lolmsp lolms3

sadness. glad you're ok though. hope the p5 is repairable

Mazda protege5

Thanks man, the body seems straight, I didn't notice any abnormalities on the way home after that. Left turns felt a little weird but I'm hoping it's just an alignment issue. Doors will be easy, the rear quarter panel is what scares me. I'm sending it to a shop through the ins. hopefully they don't total the poor fella
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Mazda protege5

Hey does anyone have the passenger side doors for sale, preferably yellow but any color will work, ima try to have the shop fix the rear quarter panel and wheel well and then do the doors myself. Thanks guys
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Mazda protege5

Picture my coworker took right after the slide out, makes me wanna cry

Mazda protege5

Well nothing happening except dealing with ins., I'm still waiting for the final say so but it sounds like they are gunna total it[emoji22]. I'm gunna try to buy it back doing on how much they decide to give me for it, but in the mean time ima be looking for another yellow p5 to daily.....or maybe a white one. Also if anyone has a yellow front passenger door for sale I will buy it, the shop quotes 500$ just for the door shell so f*** that[emoji23]

Mazda protege5

Found a guy selling a yellow p5 with a fsze swap and a couple other goodies, hopefully the ins. Gives me a decent amount for yeller

Mazda protege5

Finally got the insurance on board so now I'm hunting for a new p5 while I beat the piss outta yeller with a sledge and whatever else works. I got started on the main squish spot and managed to work that out a bit, it's not gunna be pretty but as long as it doesn't look like I just smashed it I'll be happy. Also took off the bumper and found a surprising amount of rust on the....... uh........ actual bumper...uh.....the metal piece..? Idk what it is honestly haha, pics coming soon
    Last edited by STudMUffin1177; 02-26-2019 at 10:40 PM.

2002 mazda protege 5

This is what the metal piece behind my rear bumper looks like.

The Diagram Dude

Mazda protege5

[emoji115]yup that's the piece, even the rust hole is in the same spot haha

Mazda protege5

Made some more progress, I won't be able to get much closer to the wheel well area because it's kinda tight in there, but the worst of it is pulled.... kinda

Registered Member

lolmsp lolms3

Dang that*s not bad at all. Keep it as a beater or track car

Pro5

Awww man, sorry to see all this man. Atleast it's not too bad, and glad you weren't hurt. That sucks.

Mazda protege5

#beatertrack car was the plan from the get go with yeller, someday in the far future he'll get some love. Now I just have an excuse to buy another [emoji23][emoji23]

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast