Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!

Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Slow NA Pro5 build

Comp Engineering Student Riot_Polizei's Avatar

2002 Mazda Protege5

Hey man, if I was to hazard a guess, I'd say that you could link up a 626 throttle body to a P5's IM, since the 626 IM can bolt right in. However, I don't know if it's hydraulic or cable-driven, and the 626 IM is a single piece as opposed to our cars having two pieces.

Now, this sounds crazy, but if you want a NA project that'll really stand out, investigate Toyota AE101 ITBs. Apparently, all you need is 800cc injectors, an "adapter plate", and that's it. All the sensors work nicely, supposedly.

I first learned about this on a Protege facebook group, where someone sold the aforementioned ITBs along with the adapter plate.

Check it out:
    https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...rogress-Thread

(broken pictures)
    http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11224
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    ■ Sunburst Yellow ■ Black Rear Valence ■ Injen Cold Air Intake ■ Racing Beat Catback Exhaust ■ Moog Front Endlinks
    ■ Megan Racing Rear Strut Tower Bar ■ Racing Beat Rear Sway Bar ■ Mazda6 Front Big Brakes ■ Foglight Deletes
    ■ OBX 4-1 Headers ■ MP3 ECU ■ VTCS-less Intake Manifold ■ Mishimoto Aluminum Racing Radiator + Fan Shroud
    ■ AWR Trailing Arms

Registered Member STudMUffin1177's Avatar

Mazda protege5

Man those were some crazy threads, who woulda thought of throwing blacktop 20v ITBs on an FS? I've kinda looked around at ITBs but I'm looking at spending so much in other departments [emoji22] and 800cc injectors on a NA build seems a bit much right? I'm planning on running 400cc and I hear even those might be to big for my applications. Anyways keep it coming guys I love these build threads, they're like online time capsules[emoji23]
    Sunburst 02 pro5 200k+ miles
    Mystery 4-1 header, mystery short ram, moog control arms, moog front endlinks, moog tie rods, moog trailing links, tein lowering springs, gutted interior
    All about them stickers, crumpled panels, and mismatched paint yo

Mazda protege5

Pulled the vtcs today that's about it lol. Still have to plug the holes n such, but I did I bit more research on ITBs and now I really want them. I kinda wanna make a custom set, I read a couple threads where they would chop the stock intake mani a couple inches above where it connects to the header and then welding on an adapter plate to bolt the throttle body itself on. I still don't know a lot about them but man they sound mean and look rad
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Mazda protege5

Did some more research and found some info deep in the threads apparently a group made an ITB set for FS 1.8 and 2.0 engines. They were called AAI Motorsport AKA Buddy Club. The only link I've found set me to a site with barely any English so that wasn't too helpful, these threads were from 2005. Does anyone have anymore info on these?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Mazda protege5

Well nothing really happening right now, I'm just waiting for a solid week of work to get bills back on track. Right now I've been filling time with lightly porting the intake mani., removing the VTCS, and hopefully painting.

......................... i12drivemyMP5's Avatar
    Donated: $5

323F

Someone on here, or used to be, did up a motor using ITB's...........age prevents me from recollecting the username tho. Do remember some thread about it..............

Mazda protege5

I've found a couple threads where people use the blacktop 20v ITBs from a AE101 motor but it looks to be too much money and custom work for now

Mazda protege5

Well allot of work went in to Ole Yeller this weekend, I started sanding the floorboards as there was a good amount of rust creeping in on the seams. Started thurs. finished today and started painting. I'm broke af so I'm using flex seal on all the seams and rustoleum primer and paint. This was a rushed project as this is my daily and I need to drive occasionally for work so it's not too pretty, but as long as the rust stays away I'm happy. Next up im cutting some thin toolbox carpet to put on and using double sided tape, apologies for my crappy camera

2002 mazda protege 5

I had holes rusted right through my floorboards.

I fiberglassed them with epoxy then spread some homemade goo on it made with roofing tar and grease.

The Diagram Dude

Mazda protege5

Thats looks hella clean man, that'll come in handy if my cheap preventative maintenance fails lol

2002 mazda protege 5

It was actually pretty messy but I wanted something oily to soak into the rust and help repel water.

50% roofing tar and 50% grease. Heat it on the stove to stir together and thin it out then spread it on with a paintbrush.

2002 mazda protege 5

Here's a link to a thread of mine about my battle with rust.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...ing&highlight=

Interestingly, Photobucket appears to have given me my pictures back ??

They wanted us to start paying up to $300 a year for was was free for years.

Mazda protege5

Sweet thanks man this will make for some good reading, and really 300$ a year??

2002 mazda protege 5

Yea, a lot of great build threads were lost.
    People didn't want to pay.

I managed to download most of my pictures back from them before I was denied access but they were hard to replace back into the threads.

Mazda protege5

Finished the 'interior' woohoo!! The carpet is kinda messy looking but was as good as I could get it, i ended up using spray adhesive for the carpet. Way easier and I didn't even know it existed until today. Really weird having carpet again after so long, but it makes me appreciate it all the more [emoji23]

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast