Slow NA Pro5 build

Thanks man, the madness is already getting to me. I've been mulling over what I want to do with yeller, I cant decide on a definite course for the build to go in. I have so many ideas going on and none are cheap or simple. I know what I wanna do to the new car, lower it, intake, catback, mp3 ecu, and daily it. Yeller on the other hand is giving me major headaches, I know all the other builds on this topic never finish and no real progress is ever made but I got to put it put there. In one hand I want a rotary protege, in the other I want a rally car, and juggling between my feet is a drift car........ well why not all three in one? Anyone remember the fc rx7 that got built for pikes peak using a b2600i 4x4 transfer case and front end? Well I was thinking, why not use a s5 Tll 13b with matching trans, and since the b series transmissions are damn near identical to the fc rx7s, one could theoretically swap over the parts to hook up the transfer case or use the b series trans and play around with gears between the 2 (I believe 5th gear is the only difference besides tailshafts and bell housings). Other than the main issue of making this all work in a fwd BJ chassis the only major concern I can see is the miss matching lug patterns and the crappy b2600i front suspension.......and wiring, oh god I almost forgot that nightmare. What do you guys think? Pure protege fwd FS powered rally car? Rwd rotary wagon? 4x4 rotary rally wagon? Too many ideas not enough money or test shells. Oh sorry I got some pictures today but they are crap, I'll try to throw them up later to give you guys an idea of what I'm working with

And then…???

Back