Slow NA Pro5 build

It looks like it's leaking from above?
You may have a leaking/broken flex line unless the fluid is shooting up there?

Get someone to reef on the brake while you look for the leak.

If it is the banjo bolt, try cleaning up all mating surfaces.

Use something like 600 grit sandpaper on a flat edge to not round off the corners so much.

Or a fine file but keep it square.

Sorry bout the crappy pic but I've had the car on Jack's too many times today, effort levels are dangerously low

Your pictures are WAY better now with you're new phone and app. A little out of focus maybe but your effort is waning.

Well fixed it, I cleaned it up with some sand paper and no leaky leak now, still gotta keep an eye on the reservoir though just in case. That terrible sound was my dust cover that had gotten tweaked while I was smacking around with the sledge. GREAT news I got my buddy to buy this sweeeeeeeeet yellow mp3 (my dream daily) thing is so nice and I'm super jealous but glad to bring in another protege fan. Cant wait for him to start modding and really get into his car, hes stoked, I'm stoked, over all great day. Back to my car, I'm loving the new suspension. The ride is so smooth now and is no longer bouncing down the road. The rear has much more body roll now but it doesn't feel bad, I kinda like the roll. Terrible lighting but more pics to come

Just ran across a box of those Tein S Sport Green coils looking for house painting supplies yesterday, lol...........Espelirs will be next up on my car tho.....

You thinking of getting rid of them? My buddy with the mp3 might want them, or me lol depends on budget

Well no bolts have fallen off yet, no more leaky calipers, and my front bar is a stock bar, I had to go measure for peace of mind. Now that I know I have the 23mm I definitely dont wanna go stiffer in the front. I've been playing around with the idea of putting in an msp rear bar in. 323 has been a huge help and gave me a complete parts list of what I will need. I dont think I wanna go bother than 20mm in the rear, I like how the rear bites into gravel now but it slides too much on pavement. I might just keep the 19mm stock bar but I really wanna try the 20mm (worst case I give it to my buddy with the mp3 as he has no rear sway bar at the moment too).
Now I wanna talk about how the new springs feel, I believe the shocks are stock. The tein springs are a bit stiffer on harder bumps but still much smoother over speed bumps and the like. My steering feels tighter and less sloppy and weirdly enough I'm not spinning tires as much on hard takeoffs. Never really crossed my mind how a blown out front end can destroy your traction on launch. Overall I'm very happy with the front end and I think I just need to dial in the rear now. I want to get megan racing lateral arms and maybe trailing arms, does anyone know how they affect the rear? I dont want to get too stiff back there but there is a bit of sloppiness going over a bumpy patch. I know this is partly due to me having no rear sway bar right now but it has always felt like a bit too much roll even with the 19mm bar in..... I suppose that could've been my blown endlinks too. Well anyways still much to learn and allot of different setups to try

Well no bolts have fallen off yet, no more leaky calipers, and my front bar is a stock bar, I had to go measure for peace of mind. Now that I know I have the 23mm I definitely dont wanna go stiffer in the front. I've been playing around with the idea of putting in an msp rear bar in. 323 has been a huge help and gave me a complete parts list of what I will need. I dont think I wanna go bother than 20mm in the rear, I like how the rear bites into gravel now but it slides too much on pavement. I might just keep the 19mm stock bar but I really wanna try the 20mm (worst case I give it to my buddy with the mp3 as he has no rear sway bar at the moment too).
Now I wanna talk about how the new springs feel, I believe the shocks are stock. The tein springs are a bit stiffer on harder bumps but still much smoother over speed bumps and the like. My steering feels tighter and less sloppy and weirdly enough I'm not spinning tires as much on hard takeoffs. Never really crossed my mind how a blown out front end can destroy your traction on launch. Overall I'm very happy with the front end and I think I just need to dial in the rear now. I want to get megan racing lateral arms and maybe trailing arms, does anyone know how they affect the rear? I dont want to get too stiff back there but there is a bit of sloppiness going over a bumpy patch. I know this is partly due to me having no rear sway bar right now but it has always felt like a bit too much roll even with the 19mm bar in..... I suppose that could've been my blown endlinks too. Well anyways still much to learn and allot of different setups to try

Those bars are thicker, and so more sturdy, with urethane bushings over rubber(stock).
The other bars are to adjust alignment

So I kinda just realized that there is now a mp3 ecu just 2 miles away, does anyone know if reflashing my ecu is feasible for someone with no tech knowledge. Does anyone still do it on the forums? I remember there was a thread on it and they would do the flash for 150, I cant find it now of course

So I kinda just realized that there is now a mp3 ecu just 2 miles away, does anyone know if reflashing my ecu is feasible for someone with no tech knowledge. Does anyone still do it on the forums? I remember there was a thread on it and they would do the flash for 150, I cant find it now of course

spicymazdaspeed something or other was his forum handle. I'm not sure what is necessary to perform reflash, but you can contact him maybe?

Thanks man, I'll try to find him hopefully hes still doing it. I stumbled upon these spacers on ebay (lol) I really want to lift my car a bit to prepare for offroading but any decent coilover set is over 1200, and that's for a cheapo knock off brand. So what I'm thinking is swapping out the tein springs for my old stock ones and putting in these spacers for a budget lift. I'm stuck deciding on the material to use and finding longer studs. These ones on ebay are 30mm polyurethane, I kinda feel like they wont last. I could make them out of aluminum but from what I've read using any solid metal makes every bump almost jarring.... hmmmmmm I dont know man

Last edited:
i don't know if it's the same, but i added a leveling kit to my silverado- they're aluminum spacers. I don't feel the jarring all that much, if at all. I love it. added 3" overall.

not a big fan of raising cars, but to each his own. You can get godspeed coilovers for like 600 brand new on ebay.

Or, you could go all redneck and install these.
20 bucks!!

You can flip them over and lower your car too.
Whatever you feel like. lol

Last edited:
Haha those redneck spacers are great, I'm not sure how ride quality would be though. How much would I be able to raise the car with the godspeed coilovers? I'm looking to lift one inch in the front and maybe half an inch in the rear, maybe more depending on stance haha. I really want to get some nice inverted coilovers but those are mad money, pretty much my cars entire value plus some

Well I found some king springs on ebay but I dont really want to chance getting ripped off and buying the wrong springs. I've emailed king springs, what do you guys think? Sound sketchy? Or should be safe? (Just a note I've always been super paranoid about ebay parts and have never bought any major parts off it, just need y'alls .02)

while i can't provide you a review, i've seen a lot of king springs ran on cars that are overseas. you could do the tried and true eibach prokit or tein s-tech springs. sure you can find them pretty easily.

Back