What trims have 'Walk Away Locking"?

:
2018 CX-5 Sport
Mine doesn't have that but I think it is a good feature. I am not sure why all of the CX-5s don't have that option, cars in all trims know when the fob is out of range. Just power on the lock when out of range and it is not locked.

I know the Signature does and after enabling it, I quickly DISABLED it.

Every time I got out to get a microfiber towel, flashlight, etc. the doors would not only lock but the mirrors would fold in and then fold back out when unlocking. Audi's don't unfold the side mirrors until you start the car which is a lot better implementation IMO. And yes, while you could leave the door open, I can't get by it when its parked in the garage so I turned it back off. Your mileage may vary. :D

I know the Signature does and after enabling it, I quickly DISABLED it.

Every time I got out to get a microfiber towel, flashlight, etc. the doors would not only lock but the mirrors would fold in and then fold back out when unlocking. Audi's don't unfold the side mirrors until you start the car which is a lot better implementation IMO. And yes, while you could leave the door open, I can't get by it when its parked in the garage so I turned it back off. Your mileage may vary. :D

I didn't think of that. And yeah no sense in wearing out the mirror motors. I press the fob to lock it, and I can't hear it lock so I press it again and then the horn beeps.

Why doe6snt every trim have it? Because they have to give you reasons to upgrade. Few companies have this on the base model.

I think its part of the mazda advanced keyless entry which is feature on touring and grand touring only.

Its nice by annoying sometimes, i.e. I got out to refuel (open fuel cap) and the car self locks :)

I actually like feature and have found myself forgetting that my other vehicles don't have it.

I have it enabled but one more strike and it*s out. So far have had to go back inside from the garage twice to get the fob so I could unlock just to grab something out of the car. Having it lock, almost immediately, all the time, every time, is kinda a pain in the rump. Manual locking with button on door handle can*t be any easier also. Ymmv.

I disabled mine but only because I kept locking anchorwoman in the car at fuel stations. When the alarm went off and left everybody looking at her helpless inside a double locked car I knew I was in trouble.

While there are several reasons (including unintentional ones
like your phone blocking it), I never struggled because there is one dead giveaway that it has worked - it bleeps when you close the door. If you are in and out of doors and lose track or it doesn*t bleep it hasn*t worked and I eventually got tuned into that. 9 times out of 10 it works and on the later models you can confirm with the folding mirrors. It*s a shame to lose patience with it but on a serious note, don*t do the gas station thing in a car parking lot on a hot day with your family in the car because they can*t get out and you might cause them serious or fatal problems.

It cannot be a huge cost factor. My wife's 2017 Civic EX-T has this any many more amenities. Our out the door for that Civic was barely over $20K and has a lot more on it than my CX-5. I have to say that I generally like the walk away ability more than I am frustrated by it at times.

A really common crime in Atlanta now is being called, "slider crime" where criminals use a moment like at the gas pump to drive up on the passenger side, open the door and steal a woman's purse or whatever they can grab and are gone in a moment. There have also been a few assaults done this way as well. So the way the Civic locks the doors while you pump gas prevents this in terms of the stealing. With the fob in your pocket you can open the front doors, the gas lid and the trunk. And again the car was very low $20's out the door. My wife feels better in a metro area about how this car is programmed and operates.

Seems like a low cost option they could have added to all trims.

It's not worth it. My 17 GT has it but this feature but imo is quite unreliable and several times I noticed that the door isn't locked properly especially when you won't shut it hard(I mean like really hard) as you leave the car even if it's shut tight with gentle motion. And it makes me nervous when I get back to the car after parking it outside for hours and realize that it wasn't locked.. Because of this I've now got a habit of always double checking it with remote even after I hear the beep as I walk away, sometimes you wouldn't even hear the beep when you are rushing out of the car or you are in a loud environment and this is usually the time where you'd find it unlocked when u come back

Back