JDM rear low profile headrests

My headrests were shipped yesterday. Left Japan this morning. Shouldn't take too long to get stateside.

I also received notice that my headrests shipped 16-Nov and tracking shows they already were received in NYC yesterday by the US Postal Service. No sign yet in my USPS account of a newly assigned state-side tracking number. And we all know how slowly USPS shipments typically move and the often significantly limited tracking info provided (sad1)

Just enter the JapanPost number (e.g. EN#######JP) on the USPS website and that should work to give you the USPS tracking information. USPS doesn't provide a new USPS number they simply use the JapanPost number.

Mine arrived yesterday in NY and will be delivered to me in NJ tomorrow! Pics to follow when I get back home tomorrow night.

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 11.41.33 AM.png

Last edited:
Just enter the JapanPost number (e.g. EN#######JP) on the USPS website and that should work to give you the USPS tracking information. USPS doesn't provide a new USPS number they simply use the JapanPost number.

Mine arrived yesterday in NY and will be delivered to me in NJ tomorrow! Pics to follow when I get back home tomorrow night.

View attachment 221855

Aha! Thank you for the tracking tip---holy crap, USPS shows delivery scheduled for today! (drinks) Happy Holidays to us!

I ordered the gen 1 low profile Japan headrests from Japanparts in black leather for my 2019 Reserve. I got them last week. I really like them. Definitely improves the rear view & no fiddling to fold the seats down. From the day I ordered until I received them was 3 weeks. Much quicker than I anticipated.

Aha! Thank you for the tracking tip---holy crap, USPS shows delivery scheduled for today! (drinks) Happy Holidays to us!
So looks like JapanParts.com beats Parts-Sale.jp on delivery time. Both you and Candurin should get this Xmas gift on time. Poor Agon who did all the legwork has to wait at least until January 25th!

I ordered the gen 1 low profile Japan headrests from Japanparts in black leather for my 2019 Reserve. I got them last week. I really like them. Definitely improves the rear view & no fiddling to fold the seats down. From the day I ordered until I received them was 3 weeks. Much quicker than I anticipated.
Any reason why you didnt get gen-2 JDM rear headrests? I bought my gen-1 JDM rear headrests at the Mazda dealer in Taiwan a while ago. But Id seen pictures of gen-2 JDM rear headrests they look different. They look significant thicker than gen-1s.

Just received and installed the Japan-spec lower profile headrests. It is already twilight here, but color seemed identical in both yellow and white-shifted artificial light sources. I'd provide a photo, but the need for flash just blows everything out. Not surprisingly, the fit is perfect and the stitching also matches the center headrest's. Quite happy, and thanks again for Agon's legwork on this!!

Just replacing the two outer--the center one is already low-profile, and appears to be identically sized to the Japan-spec model. I also did the same on my previous 2016.

Any reason why you didn*t get gen-2 JDM rear headrests? I bought my gen-1 JDM rear headrests at the Mazda dealer in Taiwan a while ago. But I*d seen pictures of gen-2 JDM rear headrests they look different. They look significant thicker than gen-1*s.

Somewhere in one of these threads is a picture of a gen-1 JDM on one side & a gen-2 JDM on the other. I just like that the gen-1 are slightly lower. I almost never have back seat passengers & like the improved rear view. They look fine in my Reserve.

Just ordered a pair of headrests for my 2019 Sig. I tried paying with a Citiband Visa Credit Card. Got denied due to some mysterious problem. Tried again (thinking maybe I typed something wrong). Denied again!!! So I went ahead and completed the order using Paypal - no problem. EXCEPT then the wife and I just spent an hour on the phone with some ding-bat from Citi's fraud detection unit. I tried brushing her off since the attempts were canceled. I almost told her to get lost (or worse), since it was their fault the charge was denied. But if I had, my card would of been locked. She asked about every transaction on that card for the last week.

Bottom line - don't use CitiBankVisa for overseas purchases unless you routinely do such transactions. I'm irritated enough to just quit them altogether. If I'd of known what a PITA they would cause, I likely wouldn't of bought these. BTW, this was an account with no carried balance (paid off each month) and my FICO score is north of 800. I resent them treating me like I did something wrong just attempting to make a purchase.

Last edited:
Somewhere in one of these threads is a picture of a gen-1 JDM on one side & a gen-2 JDM on the other. I just like that the gen-1 are slightly lower. I almost never have back seat passengers & like the improved rear view. They look fine in my Reserve.
OK, got it. I found comparison pictures between gen-1 and gen-2 CX-5.

Thanks for the info. While 1st-gen CX-5 rear headrest should be able to fit into the holes on 2017 CX-5 with the posts, but the shapes between the two definitely are different.

2017 CX-5 JDM rear-seat headrests:
attachment.php

View attachment 216242

2016 CX-5 JDM rear-seat headrests:
2016%252520Mazda%252520CX-5%252520GT%252520-%252520Non-US%252520Rear%252520Seat%252520Headrests.jpg

Bottom line - don't use CitiBankVisa for overseas purchases unless you routinely do such transactions. }I'm irritated enough to just quit them altogether. If I'd of known what a PITA they would cause, I likely wouldn't of bought these. BTW, this was an account with no carried balance (paid off each month) and my FICO score is north of 800. I resent them treating me like I did something wrong just attempting to make a purchase.
Thiss common nowadays to use a US bank credit card trying to purchase something overseas online. I had similar experience with my Bank of Americas Visa card. Therere too many frauds going on and those US banks have to be much more defensive than before to protect themselves.

But once you received these JDM low profile rear headrests, youll be so glad youve made such purchase! (cheers2)

Disclaimer. In no way am I a decent photographer. Tried to take some comparison shots of US vs JDM.

Got nervous because the headrests absolutely look black at first glance in the packaging. I thought they sent the wrong ones! The JDM ones are noticeably better. I can see a LOT more of the rear view window now.IMG_7040.jpegIMG_9289.jpegIMG_0870.jpegIMG_0155.jpeg

Disclaimer. In no way am I a decent photographer. Tried to take some comparison shots of US vs JDM.

Got nervous because the headrests absolutely look black at first glance in the packaging. I thought they sent the wrong ones! The JDM ones are noticeably better. I can see a LOT more of the rear view window now.

attachment.php
View attachment 221860
attachment.php

View attachment 221861
attachment.php

View attachment 221862
attachment.php

View attachment 221863
Unlike gen-1 CX-5, I noticed the JDM center rear headrest is a little different from US center rear headrest. US center headrest has stitches showing on front face, like the US side headrests; but the JDM center headrest doesnt show stitches on front, like JDM side headrests.

Unlike gen-1 CX-5, I noticed the JDM center rear headrest is a little different from US center rear headrest. US center headrest has stitches showing on front face, like the US side headrests; but the JDM center headrest doesn*t show stitches on front, like JDM side headrests.

HA! I didn't even notice that--I just was comparing the stitching design itself.

Latest posts

Back