JDM rear low profile headrests

I inquired on both sites. Both responded back that they can only source the part, not provide a part number. Seems like an odd response or just poor service.

I inquired on both sites. Both responded back that they can only source the part, not provide a part number. Seems like an odd response or just poor service.

I'd interpret that as not wanting to give info that would permit a potential customer from buying the product elsewhere.

Did they provide pricing to you? I replaced my 2016's rear headrests with the lower profile Japan version, and would love to do the same with my Sig. Depending on the product and shipping total, of course....

This doesn't help with the Sig issue, but FWIW parts-sale provided me with the PN for the 2017-2019 black leather JDM headrests: K157-88-240 02. Quote was $57.67 each.

This is probably a stupid question as I'm sure somebody will have thought of this by now but did anyone test fit the center headrest in the side mounting holes to see if they fit? I keep meaning to do it but when it comes time I forget or I have my hands full. That would solve the problem with the Signature especially...

Same thing for the 2016--center one doesn't fit the other two rear seats.

Beyond the rear visibility improvements, I just think the lower profile headrests are more attractive. They can also help with the back seats folding down more horizontal depending on how far back the front seats might be set.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=221654&d=1571920470

And when I installed them in my 2016, I did fully consider any risk involved since they don't meet US standards for rear seats. I only rarely have backseat passengers, and of course most heads of rear passengers are going to ruin the improved visibility anyway, so getting these may both be pointless and risky if you regularly have backseat passengers. Unlikely however that anything other than a significantly serious accident would result in the recognition of non-US spec headrests, I'd hazard. Or a blabby legally-aggressive family member or friend who was in the car for an accident. ;)

I*ll reach out again. Maybe it was a word choice issue? The signature is referred to as *Exclusive Mode* in Japan. I*ll see if that helps.

I was able to get some information on the Caturra Brown headrests from parts-sale.jp yesterday. This is what they replied with after giving them my VIN and sending them a picture with the headrests circled:

K33188240 13
PRICE: 56.67 USD x 2 = 113.34 USD
STOCK: Backorder, January 23

I believe the top entry is a part number of some type. Probably the stock number on their site. Becuase it's not a standard Mazda part number as far as I can tell.

I was able to get some information on the Caturra Brown headrests from parts-sale.jp yesterday. This is what they replied with after giving them my VIN and sending them a picture with the headrests circled:

K33188240 13
PRICE: 56.67 USD x 2 = 113.34 USD
STOCK: Backorder, January 23

I believe the top entry is a part number of some type. Probably the stock number on their site. Becuase it's not a standard Mazda part number as far as I can tell.
Use the part number of my JDM rear headrest:

K072-88-240 02 - 2016 CX-5 Black GT Leather with Black Stitching

The part number K331-88-240 13 is a legit Mazda part number. The price (MSRP) is about right too. The only question is if this JDM rear headrest is the one matching the Caturra Brown leather for your CX-5 Signature.

Use the part number of my JDM rear headrest:

K072-88-240 02 - 2016 CX-5 Black GT Leather with Black Stitching

The part number K331-88-240 13 is a legit Mazda part number. The price (MSRP) is about right too. The only question is if this JDM rear headrest is the one matching the Caturra Brown leather for your CX-5 Signature.

That makes sense. I'll double-check with them before ordering as well. And I've got a request in to Japanparts.com so I will wait and see what part number they come back with as well.

The reply from parts-sale.jp said that in Japan the color is offered as Nappa Leather Deep Red. And that they could not guarantee they were the same leather color as the Caturra Brown because they have no reference for that color. But he did say the color code for the Japan Nappa Leather Deep Red was KF2.

I had also sent him this image from earlier in the thread of the Japanese interior. And he said that was the color of the headrests.
attachment.php

I may take the chance and order them. If they don't match I'm out a bit but it would be really nice to have the lower profile headrests. If I do end up ordering I will post an update when they arrive with a comparison.

Last edited:
Japan Parts also confirmed the same part number. And they've listed it on their site with the same expected ship date of January 2020. I will likely order them soon.

Japan Parts also confirmed the same part number. And they've listed it on their site with the same expected ship date of January 2020. I will likely order them soon.
So which of these 2 Japanese sellers is cheaper with shipping?

So which of these 2 Japanese sellers is cheaper with shipping?

It depends on where you're shipping to and how soon you want it.

For me, in North Dakota US, Parts-Sale.jp is $49.52 express shipping. The Japan Parts has a calculator which depends on which airport you're near. Comparing prices, it's pretty much a wash either way unless I want to wait an extra 3-7 weeks for shipping by boat.

But I'd rather just keep the express shipping since neither place covers damages and priority stuff tends to get better treatment in my experience. And the parts-sale service reps were extremely helpful in figuring out part numbers and helping me find the color codes. Japan Parts took nearly two weeks to even reply to my initial email.

I hope this works out and the color matches the Caturra Brown of the US Signature trim. I'd be in for a pair. No rush for me so the slow-boat shipping would be acceptable. Since these aren't exactly fragile, I wouldn't be too concerned about handling care.

My back seats only get used about once a month (if that), so I just remove those big headrests and put them under on the floor under the front seats.

I hope this works out and the color matches the Caturra Brown of the US Signature trim. I'd be in for a pair. No rush for me so the slow-boat shipping would be acceptable. Since these aren't exactly fragile, I wouldn't be too concerned about handling care.

My back seats only get used about once a month (if that), so I just remove those big headrests and put them under on the floor under the front seats.

I will definitely update when I receive them. The expected ship date is January 25th.

Just an FYI on the shipping, neither of the sites cover damage during shipping, nor returns or refunds for damaged items. I believe Japan Parts offered an insured shipping option via FedEx but it was considerably more expensive.

I ordered from Japanparts as well. Total including EMS fully insured and traceable shipping came out to 17,808 Yen.

Keep in mind, if you use PayPal, you have the option of paying in JPY. I selected that because my credit card does not charge foreign currency exchange fees. If I used PayPals exchange rate to pay in USD it was $171. My credit card charges me $164, so I saved a few $.

My headrests were shipped yesterday. Left Japan this morning. Shouldn't take too long to get stateside.

Back