JDM rear low profile headrests

Mikey.Johnson

:
2016 CX-5 Touring
Does anyone have a lead on the low profile JDM headrests for a 2016.5 cx5?

Black cloth model. Would greatly appreciate it.

This long thread with 586 posts has plenty of information:

How To Acquire Non-US Spec Head Restraints for a US-spec CX-5

I'd mentioned earlier at post #391 in this thread. You can email japanparts.com providing part number and get the price quote for these non-US spec rear seat headrests. Last time I emailed them and the price quote was the same as I paid for at a Mazda dealer in Taipei, which is the list price for the headrest in Japan or Taiwan at about USD$50 a piece as the exchange rate varies. You do have to pay expensive shipping at $30~$50 for both which may take up to a month so make sure to ask shipping cost too. I was about to order a pair of headrests from japanparts.com but decided not to as I found out I had a trip coming up to Taipei.

The part numbers for non-US version rear seat headrests are:

K072-88-240 02 - 2016 Mazda CX-5 Non-US Spec Black Leather Rear Seat Headrest with Black Stitches
K073-88-240 02 - 2016 Mazda CX-5 Non-US Spec Parchment Leather Rear Seat Headrest with White Stitches
K070-88-240 02 - 2016 Mazda CX-5 Non-US Spec Black Cloth Rear Seat Headrest with Black Stitches

I suggest you contacting japanparts.com for the headrests as they're reputable source. If you notice many people getting paddle shifter parts from them too and that's how I found out I could get the Japanese headrests from them.
The part numbers for Mazda CX-5 non-US version JDM rear seat headrests are:

2013~2015:
KD49-88-240 02 - Black Touring Cloth with Red Stitching
KD51-88-240 02 - Black GT Leather with Red Stitching
KD51-88-240 34 - Sand GT Leather with Sand Stitching

2016~?:
K070-88-240 02 - Black Touring Cloth with Black Stitching
K072-88-240 02 - Black GT Leather with Black Stitching
K073-88-240 39 - Parchment GT Leather with Parchment Stitching

Don't try to get those JDM headrests from US Mazda dealers. They can't order those.

As long as part is used on a JDM vehicle as well they can get it. If manufactured in Japan but only for export market they cannot sell.

Does anyone know the part number for the non-US rear headrest in the Signature color (Caturra Brown)?

Part numbers on this kind of thing for a new model seem to take forever to appear in Mazda's system. You're probably going to have to wait a while.

Part numbers on this kind of thing for a new model seem to take forever to appear in Mazda's system. You're probably going to have to wait a while.

Ah, okay. Thanks for that info. I was searching for a good hour online yesterday.

Ah, okay. Thanks for that info. I was searching for a good hour online yesterday.

Short term, your best bet would be to check with your favorite dealer parts dept and see if they can research the #s for you.

Short term, your best bet would be to check with your favorite dealer parts dept and see if they can research the #s for you.
US Mazda dealers cant do much on part numbers not available here in the US. The best bet is to contact foreign Mazda dealers or parts suppliers such as JapanParts.com. For those gen-2 CX-5 owners who are interested JDM rear headrests need to go this route like wed done on gen-1 CX-5.

US Mazda dealers can*t do much on part numbers not available here in the US. The best bet is to contact foreign Mazda dealers or parts suppliers such as JapanParts.com. For those gen-2 CX-5 owners who are interested JDM rear headrests need to go this route like we*d done on gen-1 CX-5.

Cool, I sent an inquiry and will update if they come back with any info.

___

Update: No luck with japanparts.com. They only have "cross black, leather
black, or leather white".

Last edited:
Cool, I sent an inquiry and will update if they come back with any info.

___

Update: No luck with japanparts.com. They only have "cross black, leather
black, or leather white".

winx-- were those options for the 2017 up CX-5? I haven't been able to find part numbers for the JDM version (if there is one). Thanks

winx-- were those options for the 2017 up CX-5? I haven't been able to find part numbers for the JDM version (if there is one). Thanks

I think they are because I was inquiring on headrests for 2019 signature, and the reply from japanparts was that they can source headrests for "KF CX-5", but only in those 3 colors.

Bumping this thread to see if anyone was able to decipher a part number for the signature brown (caturra) leather headrests?

Back