Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JDM rear low profile headrests

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature

The reply from parts-sale.jp said that in Japan the color is offered as Nappa Leather Deep Red. And that they could not guarantee they were the same leather color as the Caturra Brown because they have no reference for that color. But he did say the color code for the Japan Nappa Leather Deep Red was KF2.

I had also sent him this image from earlier in the thread of the Japanese interior. And he said that was the color of the headrests.

I may take the chance and order them. If they don't match I'm out a bit but it would be really nice to have the lower profile headrests. If I do end up ordering I will post an update when they arrive with a comparison.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature

From the pictures (always hit or miss) the deep red on the Japanese Exclusive Mode trim looks identical to the Caturra Brown of the US Signature trim.

I won*t lie, I*m rooting for you to pull the trigger

If you google search, KF2 is also the color code for caturra brown. Hereís some examples:

https://www.truecar.com/new-cars-for...19-mazda-cx-5/

https://www.yesmaxon.com/vehicles.cf...USC90MAS062E0/
    Last edited by Candurin; 11-14-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature

Japan Parts also confirmed the same part number. And they've listed it on their site with the same expected ship date of January 2020. I will likely order them soon.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow JDM rear low profile headrests

Quote Originally Posted by Agon View Post
    Japan Parts also confirmed the same part number. And they've listed it on their site with the same expected ship date of January 2020. I will likely order them soon.
    So which of these 2 Japanese sellers is cheaper with shipping?

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    So which of these 2 Japanese sellers is cheaper with shipping?
    It depends on where you're shipping to and how soon you want it.

For me, in North Dakota US, Parts-Sale.jp is $49.52 express shipping. The Japan Parts has a calculator which depends on which airport you're near. Comparing prices, it's pretty much a wash either way unless I want to wait an extra 3-7 weeks for shipping by boat.

But I'd rather just keep the express shipping since neither place covers damages and priority stuff tends to get better treatment in my experience. And the parts-sale service reps were extremely helpful in figuring out part numbers and helping me find the color codes. Japan Parts took nearly two weeks to even reply to my initial email.

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature

I hope this works out and the color matches the Caturra Brown of the US Signature trim. I'd be in for a pair. No rush for me so the slow-boat shipping would be acceptable. Since these aren't exactly fragile, I wouldn't be too concerned about handling care.

My back seats only get used about once a month (if that), so I just remove those big headrests and put them under on the floor under the front seats.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by St1ngy View Post
    I hope this works out and the color matches the Caturra Brown of the US Signature trim. I'd be in for a pair. No rush for me so the slow-boat shipping would be acceptable. Since these aren't exactly fragile, I wouldn't be too concerned about handling care.

My back seats only get used about once a month (if that), so I just remove those big headrests and put them under on the floor under the front seats.
    I will definitely update when I receive them. The expected ship date is January 25th.

Just an FYI on the shipping, neither of the sites cover damage during shipping, nor returns or refunds for damaged items. I believe Japan Parts offered an insured shipping option via FedEx but it was considerably more expensive.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature (previously 2016 CX-5 GT)

Thank you, Agon, for the legwork on this. I just also placed my own order with JapanParts.com.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature

I ordered from Japanparts as well. Total including EMS fully insured and traceable shipping came out to 17,808 Yen.

Keep in mind, if you use PayPal, you have the option of paying in JPY. I selected that because my credit card does not charge foreign currency exchange fees. If I used PayPalís exchange rate to pay in USD it was $171. My credit card charges me $164, so I saved a few $.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123