Car and Driver 2019 CX5 article.

IMO, the CX-5 is much quieter than the RDX for a couple of reasons. But I felt that the RDX handled / cornered slightly better based on an extremely twisty road we drove it on. The acceleration was extremely close and we couldn't tell a huge difference between the two.

BUT it was NOT (in my opinion or my wife's) $10K better than the CX-5 which is why we purchased it instead of the RDX.

I bet if you put quieter yet gripper tires on the CX-5 it would make up some difference.

I bet if you put quieter yet gripper tires on the CX-5 it would make up some difference.

IMO, if you're comparing a Japanese car with any other car, and you are doing the "Really close..." dance between the two, get the JDM. Whether it be Mazda, or Lexus, or Toyota, or whatever. The odds will be in your favor.

IMO, if you're comparing a Japanese car with any other car, and you are doing the "Really close..." dance between the two, get the JDM. Whether it be Mazda, or Lexus, or Toyota, or whatever. The odds will be in your favor.

Aren't all Acuras Us models only. Even the new NSX is made in the USA.

Ah cool. Been looking forward to his take.

Yeah, I generally like his reviews. There are specific things he does not like- pop up screen, heads up display, etc, but otherwise, he is a fan of the drive. That segment with the dealer is just stupid. The dealer looked like a 12 year old idiot

Yea the dealer part was weird. But otherwise hes about right.

He could have just done driving impressions since hes basically already reviewed the car.

Acura is hardly a performance-minded brand anymore, no matter what the ads say.

Acura was indeed a notch above Honda at one time. They were a premium brand for sure.
Unfortunately, Honda decided to save a few bucks, and started to just re-badge their Civics and Accords (for starters) with the Acura name, and charging $7-$10k, or more, for them.
Example, The Acura ILX is based on the previous generation Civic, and yet, you'll probably pay around $7k more for it than a fully loaded current gen Civic.
The TLX is an Accord.
Honda is really slipping lately. It's like the bean counters have taken over the Company. Sort of like what happened to the Big 3 in the past.

To be fair, the new RDX is on an all-new non-Honda platform and much sportier than the last generation. If the other models follow up when they have their FMC, Acura may regain its original image over time.

To be fair, the new RDX is on an all-new non-Honda platform and much sportier than the last generation. If the other models follow up when they have their FMC, Acura may regain its original image over time.

Whose platform is it?

What I was wondering is: if not Honda, then who designed it?

I'm going on a limb here, but I suspect MX693 was referring to the fact that it is not used in a "Honda" branded vehicle. The last RDX was on the gen 4 CR-V platform.

Acura was indeed a notch above Honda at one time. They were a premium brand for sure.
Unfortunately, Honda decided to save a few bucks, and started to just re-badge their Civics and Accords (for starters) with the Acura name, and charging $7-$10k, or more, for them.
Example, The Acura ILX is based on the previous generation Civic, and yet, you'll probably pay around $7k more for it than a fully loaded current gen Civic.
The TLX is an Accord.
Honda is really slipping lately. It's like the bean counters have taken over the Company. Sort of like what happened to the Big 3 in the past.

They were always simply trumped up Honda's. Right from the start.

Back