Boost Pressure 2.5T

Chris_Top_Her

Banned
Contributor
:
San Antonio, Texas
:
'15 CX-5 Miata AWD
Has anyone with a 2.5t read any boost pressure/MP data with an obd2 interface and an app? Having a hard time finding numbers on what kind of boost pressure the engine makes at any RPM/gear.

I think jose rivera in the cx-9 facebook group just installed a boost gauge on his car. You can find him on youtube too.

The 2.5T puts out 17.4 lbs of boost. I don't know when the boost starts dropping off but the torque makes a big drop at 3700 rpm's so my guess would be the boost starts dropping at that point. Just another note Orange Virus is no longer tuning Mazda's. They are only doing Toyota trucks. I will be talking to DR racing in Canada about starting the process of tuning my CX-9.

I did mine few weeks ago when I got my Kiwi3 OBD2 reader. I was getting max around 20psi at about 4300 with 98RON.

Just an update about tuning. I talked to Daniel from DR Racing and they are working on some R&D on the 2.5T. We discussed expectations and possible limitations with injector size and turbo size. Also discussed a new turbo inlet pipe and intercooler that Cork Sport is working on. Daniel is looking at early spring before they open up the tuning to the public. Will probably wait until Cork Sport comes out with their new parts since it deals with air flow before the turbo.

I would suggest to get a Ultra Gauge.
Not only can you read boost PSI but countless other things the Mazda ECU registry has for data viewing. I realize there are many devices similar but this one has many more usages and can by mounted on the dash area for instant viewing of picked ECU area's to watch and you can set up several pages.
[url=https://postimg.cc/s1NvjtXz][/URL]
ULTRA GAUGE
http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/

ANYONE THINKING OF INCREASING THE BOOST or having your ECU locked by a company offer tuning kits, products or software ON A SKYACTIVE ENGINE SHOULD REALLY THINK ABOUT FIRST INVESTING IN A WATER METH SYSTEM. Don't say you were not warned!

Mazda lists max boost on the US site as 17.4 psi. This is correct. OBD 2 scanner supports this. can spike under low revs full load slightly higher but only briefly......

Back