subtle changes

:
2018 CX5
Just installed new e-bay visors that are now $39.00,that's why I got them. I'm pretty sure the price dropped since weatherTech came out with theirs. Install wasn't that bad, yes I installed the clips that came with them...and no instructions as someone else posted. Also got my rear glass tinted 15%.

Attachments

• side2.jpg
    side2.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 371
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 269
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 259
Just installed new e-bay visors that are now $39.00,that's why I got them. I'm pretty sure the price dropped since weatherTech came out with theirs. Install wasn't that bad, yes I installed the clips that came with them...and no instructions as someone else posted. Also got my rear glass tinted 15%.

Pic of the visors?

See the attached images

Ah now I see them. We call them window deflectors up north. That's why I didn't see them. I thought you were talking about replacing the sun visors inside the car and I was curious why someone would want to do that. Looks good!

Nice! I like that they don't stick out too far. Can you pass on the name of the eBay merchant that you bought them from? Thx! Bill

I wish they had these OEM replica visors when I first got mine. I had to get mine from dealer which was around $150 :/

UPDATE on my window deflectors...Fit and finish is very nice, take your time and do it right. Looks awesome.. performance wise... they suck at highway speed. I drive I-95 frequently. Around town they are quiet up to about 50..

That looks good. The price is good too. Wish I saw this on eBay about a month ago.

Hope you get used to the noise. I've gotten used to it with my visors.

Last edited:
These comments about noise make me think these are more irritating than a worthwhile addition. Just how bad is it?

Another concern is lack of instructions on how to use the clips. Tape may work in the short run but will eventually start to fail. Are there any videos or detailed instructions on how to use the clips anywhere?

You kinda do get use to the noise and I don't find it too much difference with and without the visors. I got the OEM ones and I actually ripped the clips off and just used the double sided tape that was on it. I only hear wind noise when there's cross wind, otherwise even at 70 mph it's still pretty quiet.

Edit: The clips were a pain in the butt to get in, even after I got them in the window hits it going up so I ended up just ripping them off. I had OEM visors on my 2014 mazda 3 as well and they were slim like these and I also took the clips out lol

These comments about noise make me think these are more irritating than a worthwhile addition. Just how bad is it?
Another concern is lack of instructions on how to use the clips. Tape may work in the short run but will eventually start to fail.

You can definitely hear a difference but it's only noticeable to me if I'm driving in complete silence. Worthwhile for me because I go to the gym in the am and then hang a damp towel on a clothing bar hanger with the windows cracked so the towel dries.

As for the clips vs. 3M tape debate, I've installed about a half dozen sets on various vehicles over the years and I've only ever used the tape. I've had them on my pickup truck for close to 10 years and they're still strong as ever. As with most things, I think it comes down to the prep work before the install.

Well I'm in Florida and get rain at anytime on the east coast and they aren't bad at all if just cruising the coastline... when you get up to speed 50 and up...there's your' noise.

Back