4 more things I hate about the 2018 cx5

Status
Not open for further replies.

prinefan5

:
CX-5
1. I live in cold climate in winter. When temp set on auto, the fan starts blowing after a minute, well before the car engine has warmed up to blow warm air.
2. I wish the heated steering wheel was entirely heated, not partially.
3. Want to lower back seats? Remove head rests first.
4. Minor...but wish compass showed in rear view mirror constantly, as opposed to having to flip to it.

Wow, hate is a very strong word and these seem like really minor inconveniences but if I was you, I would sell my CX-5 immediately and never ever mention that I had owned a CX-5 again.

The headrest thing is annoying. Its like we put these quick release pull handles in but didnt make sure the seats would actually go down so it kinda defeats it. Ford implemented a feature where the headrest folds forward when you fold the seats.

Wow, hate is a very strong word and these seem like really minor inconveniences but if I was you, I would sell my CX-5 immediately and never ever mention that I had owned a CX-5 again.

I agree.
Message to prinefan5: Dump that piece of crap now, and never mention it again.
Your post also got me contemplating my 6. I absolutely hate that I can't open my windows using my fob.
What was I thinking buying this POS?. I'm trading it in tomorrow.

1. I live in cold climate in winter. When temp set on auto, the fan starts blowing after a minute, well before the car engine has warmed up to blow warm air.
2. I wish the heated steering wheel was entirely heated, not partially.
3. Want to lower back seats? Remove head rests first.
4. Minor...but wish compass showed in rear view mirror constantly, as opposed to having to flip to it.

Or invest in JDM rear headrests!

Headrest thing is like every car I have ever driven...

Which is the CX-5 and some Jeep? Its better in a lot of cars Ive used. The thing is in the CX-5 we actually have the seats pretty far forward and it still doesnt clear. They really should have done the flip forwards thing like Ford.

The rear headrests in our CRV automatically flip down, but the rear seat backs dont go down nearly as flat as those in the CX5.

The headrest thing is annoying. It*s like we put these quick release pull handles in but didn*t make sure the seats would actually go down so it kinda defeats it. Ford implemented a feature where the headrest folds forward when you fold the seats.

The problem with the quick release, actually, is that you have to undo the seat belt from it's side clip in order for the seat to lay flat, so it's easier to just fold the seat manually. Headrests do jam if the front seats are back too far; would be nice if they folded out of the way.

Also true the quick release imo is pointless.

True, but as Paris mentioned, you can get the JDM low profile headrests if you regularly need haul something big in a huge hurry and you were not able to plan for it. I'm trying to imagine a situation where this would be critical.

If you have 1-2 minutes to make your rear seats completely flat, and don't have the JDM, you can pull the stock headrests and store them in the rear floorboard, then load whatever you need.

The only parts on my steering wheel that don't get hot are the very top and bottom. Basically the only 2 parts of the steering wheel you don't hold while you're driving. Not sure why this would be an issue at all for anyone.

If you have 1-2 minutes to make your rear seats completely flat, and don't have the JDM, you can pull the stock headrests and store them in the rear floorboard, then load whatever you need.

Thats basically what I do. And just fold them down from the back door since I need be there to actually make them fold down anyway.

Which is the CX-5 and some Jeep? It*s better in a lot of cars I*ve used. The thing is in the CX-5 we actually have the seats pretty far forward and it still doesn*t clear. They really should have done the flip forwards thing like Ford.

What I've owned, sure. I've driven plenty of other cars though and they've all had to remove the headrest on the backseats to lower all the way.

Point was that I just thought that was for the most part pretty normal, depending on vehicle size and such of course.

I just keep my headrest out since our kids are grown and wife and I don*t carry passengers anymore. Have a car seat for grandson. Also improves visibility. True quick release!

The back of the front seats go in so you have to move the front seat forward and after folding the rear seats down, the front seats can still slide way back. I keep the rear seats down and have a moving blanket covering the cargo space. I don't often have 3 or more passengers.

I hate that my steering wheel doesn't heat, no compass appears in the rearview mirror, the auto climate control doesn't work and I can't fold the seats from the back. Oh wait, I didn't get those things I have the Sport version ;-)

I might have to look into JDM headrests. Though we arent folding them down all the time so its not s huge deal. Wife doesnt like leaving them down so thats not an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back