2016.5 CX-5 6-speed manual squeak?

ZoomCX5

:
2016.5 CX-5
Hello,

I have a 2016.5 CX-5 2.0 with a 6 speed manual and it squeaks going into 1st, 2nd, or reverse. It squeaks most when I'm in the 1/2 gate and I apply just enough pressure to take out the freeplay, but the selector hasn't gone into the detents yet. I've already removed the center console to lube the ball, but still it squeaks. It feels like something has dried up? Can anyone please shed some light or advise?

Can you tell the squeaking noise is from shift mechanism or from transmission itself? I believe therere two cables connecting between shifter and transmission. If you have lubricated the shift mechanism, I suspect the problem may be from transmission. If you still have new car warranty or 5-year / 60,000-mile powertrain warranty, take your CX-5 to a Mazda dealer ASAP.

Can you tell the squeaking noise is from shift mechanism or from transmission itself? I believe there*re two cables connecting between shifter and transmission. If you have lubricated the shift mechanism, I suspect the problem may be from transmission. If you still have new car warranty or 5-year / 60,000-mile powertrain warranty, take your CX-5 to a Mazda dealer ASAP.

Definitely coming from some where between the shifter and the tranny. I think the linkages or cables (more like rods) might be dry and rubbing. I don't want to take everything apart to lube it :/

Back