Needed help in buying car battery

waynesmith

:
2001, voolkswagon vento 2008
I want to buy a car battery for my Volkswagon Vento , currently i am using Optima Batteries and looking for buying a new one.
suggest some good options ?

How did you get a VW Vento, made and sold in India, in the U.S.?

Optima and similar batteries are made to be extremely shock resistant. If you're not pounding the car and battery, you don't need to spend that much money for that type of battery.

Do you know the Battery Council International (BCI) Group number for the battery that fits the Vento? If not, measure what will fit from this chart:
http://www.batteryweb.com/bci.cfm

Go to any trusted local store that sells auto batteries and buy one that fits, including one with the terminals in the correct location to fit your cables--note "polarity" on the chart. Generally the longer warranty battery will give longer life and cost more. Higher cold cranking amps will give longer service, especially in very cold climates. Hot climates need batteries of the same group code but made differently--your retailer will likely have only suitable batteries in stock.

I used to swear by Interstate megatron plus batteries, but have had too many let me down with dead cells. My latest buy was a Duracell Ultra. I considered a Duracell AGM battery because Sams Club had it on sale, but figured it was overkill. Afterall, I don't live in the north pole. I think any way you go, the warranty is likely going to be one of the most important factors concerning pro-rated, replacement or length of time overall. Good luck with that unusual import?!

I want to buy a car battery for my Volkswagon Vento , currently i am using Optima Batteries and looking for buying a new one.
suggest some good options ?

hey waynesmith you can use this Odyssey PC680 because i have personally used this one for my audi q5 and i haven't faced any problem while using it , it worked very well.

Hey everyone, thanks for your reply

after doing some research on the web i have finally found a guide which basically clearly all my doubts and finally i am buying Odyssey PC680 after reading that guide.

Thankyou!

Back