Heated seats suck?

:
Mazda6 GT, MX5 PRHT
2016 Grand Touring. My heated seats suck big time. Not even that warm on high really. The heated seats in my 2008 MX5 Miata GT are way better in comparison. Most other cars I ride in that have heated seats I need to turn down to low after about 5 or 10 minutes in the car. I can leave mine on high all the time and barely notice they are on. How about yours?

I agree that you might have a dud.
I have a 2017 and the seats are super warm. Went out to a friend's place for dinner last night, and had to turn off the heater after 15 minutes driving home.
It was -9C outside, and I was wearing a big winter coat, and the heat still came through all the layers and heated my butt and back.

Would any deficiencies in the seat warmers be covered under MAP? Just got my '16 6 GT 3 months ago, and my issue is the seat will take a good 5 minutes plus before I get any "usable" heat. And even at that, the heat distribution between seat and seatback is probably about 25/75 or worse (for my bum)....and turning it down doesn't seem to help the scalding heat on my lower back. Does leather/ cloth upholstery make much of a difference (warmup time)? My wife's Rav4's seat warmer performance in comparison is miles ahead of mine. I haven't been able to do a true road test evaluation of any of the other seats as I have not been a passenger in my vehicle yet.

Just got confirmation from dealer, the heating element in the lower seat area was inoperative. Will be replacing under warranty. Can't wait to have it fixed.

Back