android auto keeps disconnecting

duard24

:
Mazda CX-5 2018 GT
as the title suggests, i have this problem where android auto keeps getting disconnected randomly. anybody else having this problem? i left a review on google play store and they responded and directed me to a forum for AA, and apparently there are a lot of people who have been having this issue. but i don't read much of it on this forum. i just bought a new cable, it kind of worked on my drive to work, but before i arrived, it crashed again. but at least it wasn't more than the previous cable was having. FYI, i did some tweaking on the settings, too, before using the cable, so I'm not sure if it was the new cable or the settings. i just want to know how you guys got it working flawlessly. thank you.

Sorry to go against the flow, but the more people I read having problems with AA/Carplay I don't think I'll bother "upgrading" to it. It's just another level of complexity with an added layer of software/hardware. I'll stick with the existing maps, live traffic (UK) and phone usability which I have found to be good with no problems.

The Only issue i have been having lately after the last update is

After i plug my phone into the car and switch to android auto the screen goes back, but once i can switch back to mazda screen and back again or unplug the phone and back in it will work

Have you tried another phone? The fact that it runs, then crashes makes me think its more your phone than the car.

AA runs from your device, not the car. The car is only providing screen mirroring and audio input / output.

I'd try:
- a different device
- a brand name cable to the USB hub
- ensuring all other apps are closed on your phone before plugging in
- try after rebooting your phone
- try factory resetting your phone
- if you have access to android auto in another vehicle, try your phone and cable there

I've had no issues at all with our install or devices

Hope I won*t derail but...I have AA in my F150 and I must connect via usb cable to run it. Is it the same for the CX5 (2019)? If so, I won*t be using it. Very inconvenient for what it gives you over basic Bluetooth (not much).

Yes most likely the phone. My CRV had AA and it kept disconnecting, freezing etc... I had a Droid Turbo 2. I stopped using it. I upgraded my phone as my contract was up to a Pixel 2. Tried AA again and zero problems. It's not a great answer because you shouldn't have to switch phones for it to work but it's reality right now. There are so many brands and until Google can create a stable environment on all platforms that reality will continue to exist.

I upgraded to a Pixel 2 because of a good deal and good reviews. I've found this phone far superior in many ways and I've realized it's obviously because it's made by Google and so is the Android system. It gets system updates before any other phone, is more stable and of course works perfectly with AA. Don't think I'll be switching brands anytime soon.

thanks for everyone's replies. i just wanted to know if this is common in our CX-5s. but reading through the "https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/android-auto" forum, the disconnecting issue has been there for a while, and it is not just with specific phones, it's varied. i have a motorola z2 play, but i've read on that forum that the problem is also present in google's Pixel phones, samsung galaxy phones etc. not sure about apple carplay, as i do not have an iphone, and i am focusing on android auto. i drove home today and android auto did not disconnect during the entire trip, and that was a 1st. i just hope it works as it should, always.

Back