Possibly PTU R/R How to:

:
2012 Cx-9 GT
Hi guys so Ive owned my 2012 CX9 GT AWD for only 10 months it has 96,000 miles I have only put 9000 on it myself. Unfortunately like a lot of us The PTU has failed and I fell outside of warranty by 6000 miles. Mazda Dealer refused to even split the cost with me. I am currently in the middle Of removing and replacing the PTU and the and the differential in the transmission because the splines are shot on both sides. I am not a technician by any means just a regular guy like most of us that happens to work on my own stuff. I was thinking about doing a writeup HOW TO of sorts as Im putting everything back together.My question To everyone, is this Something you guys would like to see please put a YES below if it is.

YES - I am always grateful for any kind of DIY available. A detailed DIY often answers a lot of questions for folks, not just the matter under discussion. Good luck with the install and it's pretty bad that Mazda wouldn't help at all.

Yes, may i ask how you repaired or replaced the diff in the transmission, where did you find the part?

Possibly PTU R/R How to

some of the guys from other thread have had a problem with the driveshaft rub on the tunnel when the vehicle is lowered... any comment on this subject?

some of the guys from other thread have had a problem with the driveshaft rub on the tunnel when the vehicle is lowered... any comment on this subject?

are you sure it is in the CX9 section you wanted to post this? Never heard of that before.

Back