2017~2024 Two questions about my 2019 CX-5 Signature

:
2019 Mazda6 & CX-5
Ive poured thru the owners manual and still cant seem to figure these two things out:

1.) Does the cruise control offer a normal mode or is it only Active Cruise Control?

2.) how do I turn off the automatic folding side mirrors? I found the instructions in the manual but cant seem to get it to work.

Thx!

From the online manual (can't compare with OM that came with my car as it's in glovebox and I'm not):
Switching to cruise control function
When the MODE switch is pressed until the system switches to the cruise main indication (white) while the MRCC with Stop & Go function system is turned on, the system switches to the cruise control function.
When the system switches to the cruise control function, the indicator and multi-information display notify the driver as follows:
* The MRCC with Stop & Go function set indication (green) or the MRCC with Stop & Go function main indication (white) is turned off, and the cruise main indication (white) is turned on.
* A message is displayed in the multi-information display.

So yes, it appears you can use cruise without MRCC. (I have not tried this.)

Canceling the automatic folding function
To cancel the automatic folding function, carry out the following procedure using the master control switches.
1. Switch the ignition ON.
2. If the power window lock switch is in the unlock position, switch it to the lock position.
3. Press and hold the front passenger's power window switch and rear left/right power window switches on the driver's door at the same time for 3 seconds or longer.
NOTE
* The automatic folding function cannot be canceled if the procedure is not completed within the specified times, or the procedure is changed along the way. To redo the procedure, first switch the ignition off and proceed from the beginning.
* If you are unable to cancel the function despite doing the cancellation procedure, consult an Authorized Mazda Dealer.

I have not tried this. When you switch the ignition on are you starting the car?

Thanks. Regarding the folding mirrors...Ive tried it both ways. No luck. Ill try it again later today. Maybe Im not switching the ignition to on? Im cycling it to where everything is on including HVAC so Im pretty sure thats on and not the accessory position.

Thanks for the info on the cruise control.

Just noticed something in your instructions. Do you need to press both rear window switches with the front passenger window switch? I think I was only pressing the front passenger and rear drivers side window switch!

Just my preference but I would leave the cruise control as active. Ive driven regular cruise for years but this eliminates the process of pausing it during heavy traffic and resuming.

Also, turning off the folding mirrors is a good idea in very cold weather. Is that your premise?

try turning the car on (like as in make sure the engine is running), and pressing all 3 window buttons as described...hope that works

Thanks. Regarding the folding mirrors...I*ve tried it both ways. No luck. I*ll try it again later today. Maybe I*m not switching the ignition to *on*? I*m cycling it to where everything is on including HVAC so I*m pretty sure that*s *on* and not the accessory position.

Thanks for the info on the cruise control.

I have another car with active cruise control. I find it irritating in heavy traffic as even in the shortest distance setting, cars just keep cutting you off and before you know it you are going 55 in a 70 mph zone.

I do like it on two lane highways, or even interstate highways when traffic is light.

Pressing the three window switches with the car off but the ignition switch in the on position worked! No more auto folding side mirrors. Thank you!

awesome man..
another cool feature is if you use AA or CP,
hold down the commander button for 2-3 secs and it'll switch between infotainment and AA/CP.

Pressing the three window switches with the car off but the ignition switch in the *on* position worked! No more auto folding side mirrors. Thank you!

I find active cruise control very convenient, especially in stop and go traffic.
Would never get another car without one.

I have another car with active cruise control. I find it irritating in heavy traffic as even in the shortest distance setting, cars just keep cutting you off and before you know it you are going 55 in a 70 mph zone.

I do like it on two lane highways, or even interstate highways when traffic is light.

I had ACC on my 2016 and it was OK in light highway traffic but in medium to heavy highway traffic, it was not good. The problem like another poster said was that cars will keep cutting you off if you leave too big of a gap between vehicles. This will keep happening as once people see a large gap, a vehicle will fill that space and you will keep dropping back due to ACC.

I had ACC on my 2016 and it was OK in light highway traffic but in medium to heavy highway traffic, it was not good. The problem like another poster said was that cars will keep cutting you off if you leave too big of a gap between vehicles. This will keep happening as once people see a large gap, a vehicle will fill that space and you will keep dropping back due to ACC.

Exactly.

interesting,
I had the total opposite,
Living in NYC i have people cutting me off at highway speeds but in stop and go heavy traffic, it works like a charm.

Well this saved me the trouble of looking up how to disable the auto folding mirrors. I live in cold snowy climate and didn't want the mirror motors working aganst ice and snow.

Well this saved me the trouble of looking up how to disable the auto folding mirrors. I live in cold snowy climate and didn't want the mirror motors working aganst ice and snow.

Question for you folks that have the Power folding mirrors....Can you fold the mirrors individually while moving? (i.e. if I'm moving forward into a drive-thru ATM and want to fold just the driver side so I don't hit the pole/barrier)

Question for you folks that have the Power folding mirrors....Can you fold the mirrors individually while moving? (i.e. if I'm moving forward into a drive-thru ATM and want to fold just the driver side so I don't hit the pole/barrier)

I think so. You just have to turn the mirro adjustment joystick all the way to the right (past the dentent to adjust the right/passenger side mirror)

Are you sure about that?
That would be pretty cool.

I think so. You just have to turn the mirro adjustment joystick all the way to the right (past the dentent to adjust the right/passenger side mirror)

Are you sure about that?
That would be pretty cool.

99.9% sure. Last night I had my mirror knob set to the passenger side mirror selection, then before pulling into garage I rotated it clockwise one notch (straight down to mirror icon) and mirrors pulled in, rotated it back to right mirror selection, mirrors extended. I*d think similar process would work for drive-up scenario.

My plan was to keep automatic active (lock=fold, unlock=extend) then leave my switch set to to passenger mirror setting so I can manually (down=fold, up=extend) control them also. Best of all worlds. Didn*t consider the freezing situation though. I had power mirrors on my Ram pickup that could only be controlled by button and it was fine. The automatic is a little overkill maybe.

Last edited:
Back