Signature v GTR

Just picked up my Soul Red / Parchment GTR. It's beautiful but one thing I noticed is the red looks really weird under certain lighting, for example we went to the Target parking lot at dusk and it looked like a really dark maroon color that I have never seen in any photo. Just so strange. I went GTR instead of Signature for the parchment leather and I'm not sorry, it looks so sharp, but we'll see if that's the case in a few years.

The fact that they didn't put the phone-connect USB port in the front bin (where a phone would seem to naturally fit best) is so disappointing, do I really need to run an ugly cable down my center console to do this? It doesn't really fit where the ports are unless I chuck it into the deep bin which is awkward.

Just picked up my Soul Red / Parchment GTR. It's beautiful but one thing I noticed is the red looks really weird under certain lighting, for example we went to the Target parking lot at dusk and it looked like a really dark maroon color that I have never seen in any photo. Just so strange. I went GTR instead of Signature for the parchment leather and I'm not sorry, it looks so sharp, but we'll see if that's the case in a few years.

The fact that they didn't put the phone-connect USB port in the front bin (where a phone would seem to naturally fit best) is so disappointing, do I really need to run an ugly cable down my center console to do this? It doesn't really fit where the ports are unless I chuck it into the deep bin which is awkward.

I kinda hate you right now because I ordered my soul red w/ parchment GTR before Thanksgiving and I'm still waiting for it to arrive at the dealer. It was supposed to be there two weeks ago.

I kinda hate you right now because I ordered my soul red w/ parchment GTR before Thanksgiving and I'm still waiting for it to arrive at the dealer. It was supposed to be there two weeks ago.
Haha, GTR red with parchment seems somewhat rare or maybe they didn't anticipate demand for them. Of all the dealers in the area (lots), I got the last one available and my dealer had to do a swap with another dealer 80 miles away to get it (sorry if that was yours!). The red exterior with black interior GTRs seem easier to come by (my dealer had several of those).

My dealer also mentioned that flooding in Japan (I think from summer) has severely constrained supply across all Mazdas though, he was worrying that early next year they actually might be short on cars to sell, said they only had about 10 2018s left and the 2019 supply was dwindling. I think some factory damage was involved.

I learned from the one time I pre-ordered a car that dealer stock takes precedence over customer orders. Seems backwards to me but its the way it is I guess.

Haha, GTR red with parchment seems somewhat rare or maybe they didn't anticipate demand for them. Of all the dealers in the area (lots), I got the last one available and my dealer had to do a swap with another dealer 80 miles away to get it (sorry if that was yours!). The red exterior with black interior GTRs seem easier to come by (my dealer had several of those).

My dealer also mentioned that flooding in Japan (I think from summer) has severely constrained supply across all Mazdas though, he was worrying that early next year they actually might be short on cars to sell, said they only had about 10 2018s left and the 2019 supply was dwindling. I think some factory damage was involved.

There are actually none of them in CA. Mine is coming from Washington and that seems to be where the delay happened.

There are actually none of them in CA. Mine is coming from Washington and that seems to be where the delay happened.

I*m in PA and my dealer had one, in dark blue. Test drove that one and told em I wanted white. They found one about an hour away and traded their blue for it after we came to agreement on numbers. With the scarcity I*m surprised I was able to get the deal I wanted. I was fully prepared to wait till well into 2019.

Back