Signature v GTR

My dealers thinks 50% of the sales will be in the two highest trims with nobody buying the regular GTs (which he ordered lots of).

(uhm)

There you have it, dealers say one thing and act on another. If he really thought that nobody would be buying the regular GT (which I totally disagree with, yes, I'm biased) than why did he order lots of them? IMHO, the CX-5 GT NA does everything well that it was designed to do and adding a turbo does not make it the next best thing out of Japan. But, if the dealer is right, I'll be kicking myself for not waiting a few months until their lots fill up with good old NA CX-5 GTs and lopping off thousands of dollars to move them.

Nobody is obviously an exaggeration but I do feel the GTR and Signature will have more demand.

(uhm)

There you have it, dealers say one thing and act on another. If he really thought that nobody would be buying the regular GT (which I totally disagree with, yes, I'm biased) than why did he order lots of them? IMHO, the CX-5 GT NA does everything well that it was designed to do and adding a turbo does not make it the next best thing out of Japan. But, if the dealer is right, I'll be kicking myself for not waiting a few months until their lots fill up with good old NA CX-5 GTs and lopping off thousands of dollars to move them.

I should have been clearer. My sales guy (who I referred to as the dealer) gave this opinion because I had asked - jokingly - about trading the CX-5 GT for a 2017-2018 GT. He said they (the dealer) ordered lots of regular GT's (as they have sold the most in the past) but thinks that people are going to buy the GT-R and Signature the most followed by the Sport and Touring. Thus, they are going to have a glut of these GT models that I should come back to buy. And I understand his logic. They are asking 34K for the GT with the premium package (their biggest seller) and 35K for the GT-R. Most people will go up $1000 (actually more like $800) to get the turbo. Around here, gas is $1.85/gallon and nobody cares about MPG.

I live in a state where gas is $1.85/gallon.

I should have been clearer. My sales guy (who I referred to as the dealer) gave this opinion because I had asked - jokingly - about trading the CX-5 GT for a 2017-2018 GT. He said they (the dealer) ordered lots of regular GT's (as they have sold the most in the past) but thinks that people are going to buy the GT-R and Signature the most followed by the Sport and Touring. Thus, they are going to have a glut of these GT models that I should come back to buy. And I understand his logic. They are asking 34K for the GT with the premium package (their biggest seller) and 35K for the GT-R. Most people will go up $1000 (actually more like $800) to get the turbo. Around here, gas is $1.85/gallon and nobody cares about MPG.

I live in a state where gas is $1.85/gallon.

Don't you guys pay any gas taxes? (hand)

They may be asking 34K for the GT w/PP but will probably sell them at close to invoice ~32K. Then the difference becomes more than 1K since they won't be discounting the GT-R as much since it's a new release. Even if they were the same price, I wasn't going anywhere near a turbo, but that's just me.

That seems consistent with what Ive heard for Mazda vs other brands where usually the bottom two trims sell the highest. My guess is these are customers Mazda is stealing from Lexus BMW ect not Toyota Honda ect.

They may be asking 34K for the GT w/PP but will probably sell them at close to invoice ~32K. Then the difference becomes more than 1K since they won't be discounting the GT-R as much since it's a new release. Even if they were the same price, I wasn't going anywhere near a turbo, but that's just me.

Taxes on gas? Sure but generally in America gas is cheap and people dont seem to care as much about MPG today as a decade ago.

No, and the state is a shthole. Really. People don't think about the expense 2-3 years later when gas prices change.

Taxes on gas? Sure but generally in America gas is cheap and people don*t seem to care as much about MPG today as a decade ago.

Getting a little off topic but 87 regular on LI is about 2.45/gal and 93 premium about 2.90/gal. The money I'll be saving from not putting premium in the BMW basically pays for a season's worth of gas for the boat!

My guess is these are customers Mazda is stealing from Lexus BMW ect not Toyota Honda ect.

Agree but may also steal from Honda too since the turbo is questionable in the CRV and the CX-5 wins hands down in the fun to drive/look at categories...

I put premium in the GTI but just 87 in the CX-5. It does add up but I dont drive a ton of miles so its not so bad for me. Prices here are similar which is cheap compared to say Europe where people are still buying cars (as in sedans hatches ect).

My decision is now Signature v GTR v BMW X1

Drove the X1 today. For similar money as the Sig a far far superior driving car that put a smile on my face :) Less bells and whistles but what it does have is done really well (monitor screen doesnt look like it came off a kids toy, for ex).

Will come down to what my wife wants and what they do on price. So far Mazda thinks more of their car than I do.

Drove the X1 today. For similar money as the Sig a far far superior driving car that put a smile on my face :) Less bells and whistles but what it does have is done really well (monitor screen doesnt look like it came off a kids toy, for ex).

Will come down to what my wife wants and what they do on price. So far Mazda thinks more of their car than I do.

As much as I love Mazda Id go with the BMW probably. What features were missing?

Drove the X1 today. For *similar* money as the Sig a far far superior driving car that put a smile on my face :) Less bells and whistles but what it does have is done really well (monitor screen doesn*t look like it came off a kid*s toy, for ex).

Just came out of an X1. Will you be leasing or purchase? BMW now only includes 3 years scheduled maintenance where I was fortunate to have 4. Unless you do a lot of DIY maintenance, BMW's get pricey in the long term, but I'm sure you know that.

Just came out of an X1. Will you be leasing or purchase? BMW now only includes 3 years scheduled maintenance where I was fortunate to have 4. Unless you do a lot of DIY maintenance, BMW's get pricey in the long term, but I'm sure you know that.

Our plan was to buy and keep long term. I know repairs are pricey but what I didn*t know is how crappy their repair/reliability is! Just looked at Consumer Reports and...wow. Over and out on the X1.

All the lane, crash, blind spot, warning stuff.

This was a big issue with us since when I would drive the BMW, I felt as I was at a disadvantage since the BMW lacked these features that I had gotten used to.

Our plan was to buy and keep long term. I know repairs are pricey but what I didn*t know is how crappy their repair/reliability is! Just looked at Consumer Reports and...wow. Over and out on the X1.

We bought ours but only kept them a little past warranty. Was always serviced at the BMW center and I had a good relationship with the Service Manager which went a long way in always seeing that they did the right thing. But, I have the same relationship with the Mazda dealership where we get them serviced so it came down to long term cost of ownership, which Mazda wins hands down.

Back