Longevity of 2013 Mazda5? I have 75k, thinking of trading it.

tanstaafl

:
2013 Mazda5 GT
I bought the Mazda5 new in Oct 2013 and it has been quite reliable. But I don't know--it has 75k miles and I am not 'feeling' like this is a car that will do well as its mileage accumulates. (My wife's 2005 Camry just kept going and going until it got street flooded, at 250k.) My big worry is some expensive thing will crop up like a (automatic) transmission replacement. (I've changed the fluid twice, at around 30k and 60k miles.) So I'm just wondering what y'all think about the reliability of the Mazda5 as the miles accumulate; I know there are no definitive yes or no answers. Thanks and happy holidays to y'all.

I bought mine new in 2012 . Have 108k miles. My maintenance costs and parts are documented in this forum to the penny

It won*t ever be Toyota/Honda level - you can*t compare this maxda5 to Tier1 quality cars

I am dumping mine at 150k, which is 24 months more.

As far as what you should? Can*t comment - your car, your money, do as you please

Good luck

Mine went to 146k, prepping it for sale slowly. It's had some issues, but nothing huge that would kill the car. Engine's been rock solid. Most major costs centered around AC maintenance- the rest was typical wear and tear type upkeep.

Houston TX is easy on the body so you should have little of the rust issues.
Generally, cheapest way of ownership would be to drive till the car stops one day and the value of repair is 120% of the repair cost.
Unless it is a Ford...***.. :)

Houston TX is easy on the body so you should have little of the rust issues.
Generally, cheapest way of ownership would be to drive till the car stops one day and the value of repair is 120% of the repair cost.
Unless it is a Ford...***.. :)

Well the Mazda5 might as well be a ford.... ;)

Well the Mazda5 might as well be a ford.... ;)

You get the irony (2thumbs)

But I'd keep it will it stops if one was to minimize $$ investment into a depreciating asset (car)
Ideally put the money you would be paying for the car into retirement fund and keep driving the old one..
Might be able to retire a few years earlier then planned... or not retire broke.. good trade for me over driving a slightly older car.

This is only my first Mazda but the impression I get so far and from this forum is that as long as you keep up on oil / transmission fluid changes they'll be solid.
The suspension seems to be the main problem area as it's under-built for the weight of the 5. Seems like the front and rear struts/shocks/links/bushings/control arms are all trashed around 100K - 150K miles or even sooner.

This is only my first Mazda but the impression I get so far and from this forum is that as long as you keep up on oil / transmission fluid changes they'll be solid.
The suspension seems to be the main problem area as it's under-built for the weight of the 5. Seems like the front and rear struts/shocks/links/bushings/control arms are all trashed around 100K - 150K miles or even sooner.

Same issue with my Speed 3. Mazda suspension is garbage.

Back