2013-15 radio retrofit to 2012 possible?

:
2012 CX-9
Has anyone retrofitted the 2013-2015 radio with touchscreen and navigation to a 2012 or older cx9?

My suv didnt have navigation, just the standard radio with bluetooth and rear view camera but I would like to buy a later model used radio and replace it.

It would be compatible?

Thank you.

Im sorry for bringing up this topic. I hv same question here.

I don't think many people have tried to swap radios from one year to another - most people end up going aftermarket because the OEM stereo and navigation wasn't all that good to begin with.

I don't know if this will work or not. I think you probably need to do a little digging in one of the online parts catalogs (or call a mazda dealer) and see if the wiring harnesses are the same from year to year and from the base stereo to the upgraded one. I'm pretty sure they changed the harnesses at one point.

I don't think many people have tried to swap radios from one year to another - most people end up going aftermarket because the OEM stereo and navigation wasn't all that good to begin with.

I don't know if this will work or not. I think you probably need to do a little digging in one of the online parts catalogs (or call a mazda dealer) and see if the wiring harnesses are the same from year to year and from the base stereo to the upgraded one. I'm pretty sure they changed the harnesses at one point.

yes, u r right. im also looking forward to use android base player.

But my concern is the button for INFO and CLOCK SETUP.

I just got my CX 9 less than a month ago. it wasnt a high/full spec as it didnt come with power boot. The player also using radio without display. (didnt hv reverse camera).

I notice that a later model hv some upgrading such as relocating INFO Button onto steering wheel.

what if im swap that steering with mine? Mine dont hv INFO button. Do u think its possible? If yes, then my next move will be installing new android head unit with reverse cam.

I put in an aftermarket double din kenwood stereo with option for backup camera and works with Bose stereo you have to buy a special connector to use with the Bose stereo and the connector will allow you to keep your steering wheel controls and you will be able to co trip the info button through your steering wheel controls. The connector is this
PAC RP4-MZ11 Wiring Interface
Connect a new stereo and retain steering wheel audio controls, entertainment system, safety warning chimes, and factory amp in select 2008-up Mazdas

I bought my kenwood stereo from Crutchfield and paid 25 US dollars to have crutchfield wire up the above mentioned connector to the kenwood wiring harness

that harness is what you need to retain your steering wheel controls and allow you to access the info button that is on your stock stereo.

let me know if you have questions

Back