Good Things In Life

I thought the thread would eventually get to the age old question of which came first, the chicken or the egg. :p

As a child, I was raised on a farm. Milked cows and sold the milk, raised beef cattle and farmed crops, the whole nine yards.

I grew up farming as well. Thankfully I did not have to milk cows. :)
As a kid I stayed a weekend with a friend on his milk farm. Everyday all year, every year up at 4am to call in the cows and then again 5pm.
As still a milk drinker I absolutely appreciate those that still do this every single day. I appreciate every farmer to be honest.

I would agree with the title to this thread. My best memories in my life were the years working on the farm. Living in a larger city since 1985 makes me appreciate those days even more.
If I were living there I could be totally content with 187 hp. Everyone seemed less stressed and were often caught in a line of cars behind a tractor and no one seemed to care. They just waved at each other and smiled.

Now, despite what some have said here, 0-60 in Atlanta absolutely does matter as does 30-80 and then 80 down to 0 instantly. All that seems to be important in my commute. People here are generally rushed, stressed, distracted and pissed. Okay maybe I am exaggerating a little, but just a little. Watching chickens grow seems pretty good about now.

I found the quickest, easiest and cleanest way to make fluffy scrambled eggs and egg sandwiches. Done in the microwave oven. I am making them right now. Put in bowl with salt and pepper, nuck for one minute, mix or flip then another 30 seconds or so. Put shredded cheddar cheese on top and put on toast. Yum.

OMFG, we're sharing recipes now?!? Just shoot me.

[emoji16]
(Might try that, actually)

Now thats what I call a Skyactived Egg.

Just installed some nesting boxes. They are not nearly as substantially made as they looked on Amazon, but they will be a good starter/trial as a proof of concept, if they work out, I can build some stouter ones when these go.
48392857_10100138145284141_3919756749703217152_n.jpg

did someone say they made scrambled eggs in the microwave?
Let me stop you right there....

*insert picture of Gordon Ramsey yelling at someone**

:D

did someone say they made scrambled eggs in the microwave?
Let me stop you right there....

*insert picture of Gordon Ramsey yelling at someone**

:D

I started to comment, but hey not everyone can cook :p

Back