Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Android Auto / Apple Carplay tips and tricks

Registered Member

'17 3 & CX-5

Selecting alternate routes via the arrow menu on the left is super simple. It even zooms out to a route overview with traffic patterns and as you hover over the alternates will identify them on the screen. When backing out of the menu it automatically "recenters" too.

I'm finding this way easier than the panning / zooming I was doing to check traffic before.

I can't believe I didn't find this sooner. I was so used to pinching and zooming on my cell in MAPS that I had never gone into that menu before. Thanks for the tips ya'll

Registered Member

Perhaps someone can help me with this query as its driving me MAD!

I'm enjoying CarPlay but from within the Music app how does one use the rotary controller to quickly scroll to the first letter of an album or artist rather than scroll through the whole lot?

This is easily done in the main MZD system but the procedure seems elusive in CarPlay.

To the side of the main list are icons for up/down and A to Z but I cannot access them - though inadvertently I've managed to find this function twice - a large capital letter appears on the screen and one changes/selects it with the rotary controller - but I have been unable to replicate the procedure since.

Any help greatly appreciated.

BTW, pushing the controller forward or backwards and holding it takes you to the top and bottom of the list.

Best,

Johnners

Registered Member

Re: Quick selection from lists - SOLVED

I have solved the query in my previous post.

In Music, to quickly jump to the first letter of an Artist or Album (in a list), spin the controller knob quickly twice in succession - this will bring up a capital letter which can then be further amended to the one you want by further rotating the knob. Press down on the knob to select it and you're there.

Hope someone finds this helpful - I couldn't find reference anywhere in the documentation or on the web.

Best,

Johnners

Registered Member

2016 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Deep Crystal Blue Mica

Colorado_2018 THANK YOU for this - especially the Apple Car Play full user guide. The instruction book the dealer provided is basically useless.

Registered Member

Mazda CX5 GTR 2019

Does anyone know a way to pause music while playing a playlist other than rotating the Commander knob to the pause button on the screen? Thereís buttons for forward and back on the steering wheel, but no pause.

Also is there an easy way to zoom in and out on the Apple Map using a knob, or do you have to move the cursor over to the +- buttons?
    FiveG
    ----------------------
    2019 CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve
    2016 BMW 1200 GS
    2007 CX-9 Alumni

Registered Member

2018 AWD GT Premium Red/Black

Quote Originally Posted by FiveG View Post
    Does anyone know a way to pause music while playing a playlist other than rotating the Commander knob to the pause button on the screen? Thereís buttons for forward and back on the steering wheel, but no pause.

Also is there an easy way to zoom in and out on the Apple Map using a knob, or do you have to move the cursor over to the +- buttons?
    This is my number one complaint with an excellent car. It seems like a huge oversight. I'm listening to an audio book, I need to listen to something else -right now! for just a minute. Seems like the call hang-up button would be good for double duty, since I won't be listening during a call anyway.

Mazda, please fix this!

Registered Member

Can the regular charging USB cable that comes with android phones be used for AA or does it need to be a compatible 2.1 USB cable that fits one's particular phone?
    Thx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12