Wheel wells sound deadening...

:
Mazda 5
Just did the front wheel wells only and already feel the difference, I can hear 1/2 of the noise reduced from the interior footwell. The front doors already have the same material, so most of the interior noise I can hear is from the engine behind the firewall and the windows. Now my car feels like a Mercedes lol

iveavb.jpg

...noise I can hear is from the engine...[/IMG]
Screams AMG to me :D

On a serous note, you've done a lot of work and I'm sure it'll pay off in what you are pursuing. May consider rubber coating (or felt lining) the outside of the fender liner to isolate rocks/debris. Just be cautions that these little things (sound deadening material is heavy) can add a lot of weight.

Last edited:
maybe 4-5kg max.

it feels more solid overall, slam the door, going over bumps, highway driving. Too bad it I couldn't find a way to do the firewall, otherwise it will become a studio.

Do the firewall from the inside- and find the higher temp capable stuff to go on the engine side.

I will rip the carpets out soon, but more important is to find a hole to run wires from interior to engine bay.

I cut a hole in the giant grommet going through the firewall that the main harness goes through, then sealed it up with silicone.

maybe 4-5kg max.

it feels more solid overall, slam the door, going over bumps, highway driving. Too bad it I couldn't find a way to do the firewall, otherwise it will become a studio.

Add some to the roof. Drop the headliner and stick some there. Will cut down on the noise nicely!

Did you sell your Mazda5 already?

Nah, still enjoying it. I never listed it for sale locally.
Hard to sell when it is running well and the pure electric car wife wants to get is either too expensive or range too small :)

Nah, still enjoying it. I never listed it for sale locally.
Hard to sell when it is running well and the pure electric car wife wants to get is either too expensive or range too small :)
we are getting a model 3 delivered on 12/20
Ordered 11/28

What options are you ordering?

I will go black and black, with aero wheels, then wrap the whole car + some 20" wheels. Hopefully air suspension will be available.

Just did the front wheel wells only and already feel the difference, I can hear 1/2 of the noise reduced from the interior footwell. The front doors already have the same material, so most of the interior noise I can hear is from the engine behind the firewall and the windows. Now my car feels like a Mercedes lol

iveavb.jpg
Just a though, is that white foam stuff water repellent? If it soaks up water, it'll get heavy and sag the liner (not to mention hard to dry). Any concerns with the external stick on material collecting water?

Latest posts

Back