Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple Carplay Update cost

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by sjtilney View Post
    Take a look at the original AA/ACP thread from last year (link below). It was a poll, in which 35% of respondents bought the car expecting it. If you read that thread, and many others like it, you will see a trend in which Mazda sales people promised buyers that AA/ACP would come as a free software upgrade. Of course not everyone was promised that. For most people its not even a factor when deciding to make a purchase.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...ad-(with-Poll)
    Just because people have expectations doesn't mean there was a conspiracy to promote false information. Many people were promoting false information on the forums claiming "all we need is software" while many others reminded people that the USB ports didn't put out a enough juice to keep up with battery drain.

Mazda never made a statement that said the upgrade would be free, or that it would not require hardware.

I am not saying it was handled the best it could have been handled, but anyone that took the word of the salesman, and had nothing in writing, should not be blaming Mazda. Maybe the trend to provide false information is prevalent in certain areas of the country. The multiple dealers I visited made no such claim, and all honestly said they didn't know.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

We bought the car in June 2017. The salesperson said, "I think it'll be available end of the year." It's 2018.

I didn't put much stock in what he said because we had done so much research into the product line-up that I could have sold him the car.

Registered Member

CX5

I just picked up my CX5 from service and paid $388.09 for the CarPlay upgrade. Not the $288 they originally quoted to us.

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD + Tech

Had CarPlay installed in my 2016 CX-5 last week at Castrucci Mazda in Centerville, Ohio. Quoted $199 + labor via email, which came out to $367.40 (not including tax). They had a 15% off Mazda Accessories coupon on their website, which they accepted without issue. My final cost (including $10 in "shop supplies") was $370.48 including tax. It took them about 2 hours to complete the upgrade. I've had no issues since.

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2016 Mazda6 iGT, 2014 Mazda3 sGT hatchback

Was quoted $425 at Mazda dealer in Fremont.
    My co-worker DIY with kit he bought from eBay for $144.
    It took him 30 mins of firmware update to v70.
    And, less than 1hr for hardware.
    Info is available everywhere on the web.
    Many DIY videos on youtube as well.
    Low risk if you want to save a couple hundreds $$$.

I have Android phone. I heard that Android Auto is still not as good as CarPlay.
    I will wait for a bit myself.
    Dealers' price might also come down. They have lots of interest from customers.
    Their charge will not come down soon.
    2016 Mazda6 iGT + Tech Pkg
    ....Sonic Silver Mica / Parchment
    2014 Mazda3 sGT hatchback
    ....Soul Red Metallic / Almond

Registered Member

MAZDA CX5 AWD GRAND TOURING MACHINE GREY

Capistrano Mazda special til the end of the year

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

Oh that's pretty good.

Registered Member

2018 mazda cx-5 touring

i was quoted 650$ installed in Naples Fl for a 2018 CX-5 bought in july.... 2018

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

Came out to $367.90 (with emailed coupon), otherwise:
    USB Hub $124.95
    Harness Kit $74.95
    Labor $199.90

Dealer also had that $299 installed deal posted above displayed in the showroom.

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2016 Mazda6 iGT, 2014 Mazda3 sGT hatchback

$299 is a great price, though not available anywhere near me.... I can wait.. :-)
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

CX-5

Apple Carplay Update Cost

Quote Originally Posted by clownshoes2 View Post
    I'm taking my vehicle in on Saturday for an Oil Change. I'll get a quote for all of you. It'll be in Canadian dollars so that will help with our Canadian friends. I'm going to haggle a bit and see if they'll drop the price.
    Ok, so in Ontario Canada, my dealer wants $499 +tax for the upgrade.

Registered Member

Mazda 2018 CX-5 GT Tech

I asked my dealership to update the head unit for me while doing 20k maintainence and just got the kit off ebay for 155USD plus shipping. NEVER worked on this car before and only took me about close to 30 mins to finish the install with the help of a youtube video. Its dead easy and doesnt require any technical skill and I felt this is WAY easier than hardwiring the dashcam. Save yourself 200-300 bucks and consider this a great little lego project.

All in all I spent close to $200 CAD (150 USD) and 35 mins of my life. That satisfying feeling everytime you boot up AA on your screen = priceless

YOU CAN DO IT!

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Prem

I paid $334 plus tax, minus a 10% military (veteran) discount, so $300 and some change. Dealer had the install plus oil change and tire rotation done in 1.5 hours.

Totally worth it IMO... a fair trade for time, sanity, and transfer of liability if something goes wrong. But I understand that everyone works that equation their own way.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Touring w/PP, Gray

When I first started seriously shopping last August, the salesperson told me that it was just a free software upgrade, and would be available within 90 days.

That just about came true, but of course it was far more than that, with the necessary USB hub upgrades and the added costs.

When I finally pulled the trigger in December, I negotiated the $399 quoted install cost to be included, and I got it in writing as part of the deal... and thankfully, when they installed in a week and a half ago, they honored the deal.

So much of the early speculation around AA/CP was based on half-statements and rumors at best, and spread like wildfire on the Internet. The salespeople, early on, didn't really seem to know anything, but when one sales guy said something and then the customer posted on the internet, it was all accepted as truth. An unfortunate symptom of Internet culture.

The key, I've found in any sales negotiation, is to get everything in writing. Anything someone tells you during the process, but not included in a final contract/agreement, has absolutely no bearing when it's all said, done and paid for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12