2017~2024 Apple Carplay Update cost

Capistrano Mazda special til the end of the year

abe2d3dbd73965c83025b978bbc5dae5.jpg

Came out to $367.90 (with emailed coupon), otherwise:
USB Hub $124.95
Harness Kit $74.95
Labor $199.90

Dealer also had that $299 installed deal posted above displayed in the showroom.

Apple Carplay Update Cost

I'm taking my vehicle in on Saturday for an Oil Change. I'll get a quote for all of you. It'll be in Canadian dollars so that will help with our Canadian friends. I'm going to haggle a bit and see if they'll drop the price.

Ok, so in Ontario Canada, my dealer wants $499 +tax for the upgrade.

I asked my dealership to update the head unit for me while doing 20k maintainence and just got the kit off ebay for 155USD plus shipping. NEVER worked on this car before and only took me about close to 30 mins to finish the install with the help of a youtube video. Its dead easy and doesnt require any technical skill and I felt this is WAY easier than hardwiring the dashcam. Save yourself 200-300 bucks and consider this a great little lego project.

All in all I spent close to $200 CAD (150 USD) and 35 mins of my life. That satisfying feeling everytime you boot up AA on your screen = priceless

YOU CAN DO IT!

I paid $334 plus tax, minus a 10% military (veteran) discount, so $300 and some change. Dealer had the install plus oil change and tire rotation done in 1.5 hours.

Totally worth it IMO... a fair trade for time, sanity, and transfer of liability if something goes wrong. But I understand that everyone works that equation their own way.

When I first started seriously shopping last August, the salesperson told me that it was just a free software upgrade, and would be available within 90 days.

That just about came true, but of course it was far more than that, with the necessary USB hub upgrades and the added costs.

When I finally pulled the trigger in December, I negotiated the $399 quoted install cost to be included, and I got it in writing as part of the deal... and thankfully, when they installed in a week and a half ago, they honored the deal.

So much of the early speculation around AA/CP was based on half-statements and rumors at best, and spread like wildfire on the Internet. The salespeople, early on, didn't really seem to know anything, but when one sales guy said something and then the customer posted on the internet, it was all accepted as truth. An unfortunate symptom of Internet culture.

The key, I've found in any sales negotiation, is to get everything in writing. Anything someone tells you during the process, but not included in a final contract/agreement, has absolutely no bearing when it's all said, done and paid for.

Back