Wheel size for second set

Ive been considering some 17s but they dont have the TPMS. Do I really have to have these for 2 months? They dont show the actual tire pressure on the dash anyway and the TPMS warning is too low for my desired pressure. I check my OEM wheels manually and I hardly even need to add air.
The ones I ordered will come with the TPMS they were $20 per tire. I am getting the tires and wheels through Town Fair Tire, which is a small chain of stores out of CT.

After much deliberation I finally bit the bullet in early December(2019) and bought the Bridgestone DM-V2's. For a winter tire they seem quite quiet. We haven't had much snow yet so no chance to really test them out. I chose them over the WS-90's as they had more sipes.

Nice. I'm well into my second winter with my DM-V2s and they seem to be wearing well, even after putting them on a little early and taking them off a little late. Snowfall hits at random times here.. last year we had a few inches of snowfall in the middle of May.

Ive been considering some 17s but they dont have the TPMS. Do I really have to have these for 2 months? They dont show the actual tire pressure on the dash anyway and the TPMS warning is too low for my desired pressure. I check my OEM wheels manually and I hardly even need to add air.

If you can ignore the warning message in the instrument cluster, I wouldn't worry about it.

I too bought 17" rims for my winter tires, BUT, for the security of knowing whether I might ever have a slow air leak I opted to have new TPMS's installed. I get it that some are just happy to check their tire pressure frequently and not have the TPMS's installed on winter rims. That's just not me.

I believe that if you increase your tire pressure to your desired setting, drive your CX-5 for at least 10 minutes at a speed of at least 25 km/hr (16 mph) the TPMS will reset and the dash light will go out.

The only time I need to add air is when I adjust the pressure for cold weather or a trip and the TPMS doesnt help me I have to use a gauge anyway. I guess I dont have any leaks.
What is a good brand for 17 tires? Does the chart for 19 tires have 17 inch too?

The only time I need to add air is when I adjust the pressure for cold weather or a trip and the TPMS doesnt help me I have to use a gauge anyway. I guess I dont have any leaks.
What is a good brand for 17 tires? Does the chart for 19 tires have 17 inch too?

I recently bought Bridgestone DM-V2's and so far they seem like a good choice. I previously had the Bridgestone WS70's which I had for years and absolutely loved. The WS90's are the current replacement and are also a good choice. I too run my tires on 17"rims.

Last edited:
Back